Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Chassis Re-fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    I agree, a great job but one I would only undertake if absolutely necessary.
    I need to do it and clean all the admission well,I already have all the spare parts

My car have 120.000 kms and need a cleaning
    NSX 93 conversion NSX-R 02

Quote Originally Posted by NSXR Spain View Post
    I need to do it and clean all the admission well,I already have all the spare parts

My car have 120.000 kms and need a cleaning
    Is your engine showing any strange symptoms to justify doing this overhaul??

I've done nearly 240,000km and as far as I can tell, touch wood, it starts, runs and performs as well as it's always done. My motto is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" just enjoy driving it.

I think unless like Wix you needed to remove all these components in order to access, in his case the knock sensor, surely it might be wiser to just leave best alone, unless of course you've either got plenty of time on your hands and/or you just love getting stuck into sympathetically and mechanically maintaining your car as a hobby.

Having said all that your car car does look exceptionally stunning so you probably do love doing that. 😁
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I agree with Pride, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I wouldn't have stripped this all down just to clean it and TBH, a lot of the original parts were in excellent condition, for a 27 year old car. The only things that probably did need replacing were the coolant hoses that weren't the best and the report back on the fuel injectors said they were uneven in their spray pattern but they have now been serviced and cleaned, so this alone should make the car feel and drive better.

On the plus side, I do now have some more spare parts.
    Wix

Quote Originally Posted by wixer View Post
    I agree with Pride, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I wouldn't have stripped this all down just to clean it and TBH, a lot of the original parts were in excellent condition, for a 27 year old car. The only things that probably did need replacing were the coolant hoses that weren't the best and the report back on the fuel injectors said they were uneven in their spray pattern but they have now been serviced and cleaned, so this alone should make the car feel and drive better.

On the plus side, I do now have some more spare parts.
    Hi, I want to clean all the admission,I disassembled parts and I found a lot of oil and a lot of dirt, and I have time and the spare parts to do it.

Sometimes it does not start well, something is dirty, as lazy. I will going also check the injectors to check them.

I will tell you
    Remi

Update. Injectors now cleaned & new seals fitted and re-installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0179.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	13354

Name:	IMAG0200.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	13355

Fuel filter changed. More of an awkward job than it would first appear !

Name:	IMAG0194.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	13356

Name:	IMAG0187.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	13357

Rocker cover removed and spark plugs removed.

Name:	IMAG0215.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	13358

Name:	IMAG0211.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	13359
    Wix

6. Default

Do you need all those washers when replacing the filter, or did you get extra just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Do you need all those washers when replacing the filter, or did you get extra just in case?
    Those washers are for the fuel lines on the inlet manifold. The filter kit came with it's own washers.
    Wix

Update of some info I should've posted on a previous post, as it may be useful for others. I had my fuel injectors serviced and cleaned at Carwood, I used the Coventry branch, as it's local to me. They send to another branch to actually do the job and only generally a few days turn around.

https://www.carwood.co.uk
    Wix

Hello everyone,

following the post of the friend Wix and for not opening a new one and as I commented in this same post, in the end I decided to clean all the admission of my NSX.

My car has 25 years old, I do not know exactly how the previous owner took care of him, but he knew that inside he was very dirty, and indeed he was very dirty.

he main access had a lot of accumulated fat and dirt, and the injectors, very dirty and rusty they needed a cleaning urgently of all parts

there was so much hollin, that some holes were plugged

Last edited by NSXR Spain; 27-03-2018 at 03:56 PM.

I will continue later with more publications and photos, I can not continue now
    Last edited by NSXR Spain; 27-03-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast