Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the NC-1 sales slow or the market fickle?🤔

Default Are the NC-1 sales slow or the market fickle?🤔

An interesting editorial of the new NSX sales to date:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...w-early-sales/
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I think the market must be very fickle after watching this newly launched video as it always seems such fantastic good value for your money.

https://youtu.be/iTV5FGd_DWM
    Last edited by Pride; 03-03-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

i think what is killing the car is public perception ... again and again we see more commercial stuff talking about how 'slower' the x is to other marques
    i/we all think the car is overpriced ... i appreciate the R&D etc that Honda did but marque is an issue here especially in todays world
    people still dont realise that this is a 918 at a fraction of the price ... honda/acura need to market better and make this more focal in their marketing etc
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Price and brand, poor or little Marketting other than a few magazine reports, and no finance packages through the supercar brokers, all areas Acura should focus on. Is the situation the same in the UK?

a quick tinternet surf reveals an R8 for £122k, the 570GT for £146 and the 458 for £167k, not to mention the 911 Turbo at £127k, and the NSX price, well, you can't get this from Honda UK as the website says PoA; seriously?

Personally, I'd love one, in grey with lots of carbon of course
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    a quick tinternet surf reveals an R8 for £122k, the 570GT for £146 and the 458 for £167k, not to mention the 911 Turbo at £127k, and the NSX price, well, you can't get this from Honda UK as the website says PoA; seriously?
    911 Turbo has never really done it for me, but the other 3 are all BIG draws. Similar power, similar/better looks, lower weight, but sacrificing the torque-vectoring and the fashionable hybrid-ness (do buyers in this market really care about fuel economy?).

As you and Andrew say Paul, I really do think Honda are making all the same mistakes again, as most of the driving reviews are very positive.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    do buyers in this market really care about fuel economy?
    Not sure the real world NSX economy differs from the rest of the class. I think the new NSX is a very commendable first attempt at a "new generation" supercar. The reviews of the 12C were by no means all positive, but McLaren constantly improved and now the current range (540 etc) is class leading. Honda will hopefully do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Not sure the real world NSX economy differs from the rest of the class. I think the new NSX is a very commendable first attempt at a "new generation" supercar. The reviews of the 12C were by no means all positive, but McLaren constantly improved and now the current range (540 etc) is class leading. Honda will hopefully do likewise.
    What would give you the slightest indication that Honda would make constant improvements?
    Would it be the way that the original NSX was constantly updated to keep it with the rest of the market?
    The only plus is if Honda keep up their marketing history then the true enthusiast may be able to afford one in the way we have with our cars. Buy a 10 year old supercar for the price of a family hatch and get to enjoy it with zero depreciation or even make money as a rare appreciating classic.

Olly

My build slot has come through.....June 17 build with September delivery. Basic spec is circa £149K, I'm at about £165K with CCB's and "bits". Have to say it sounds a lot.

I'm completely torn! Any thoughts welcome?
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2016 Alfa 4C Spider

Most people on here will only be able to give you 2nd hand opinions.

Speak to Paul (NSX2000) - he's already got his, and will be able to give you a comparison vs his NA2.

My 2p (based on 2nd hand info and guesswork!) - it'll depreciate a lot quicker than your McLaren, will probably feel less 'sporty', but the hybrid system will give it a fairly different handling style (esp. the torque-vectoring), and the instant torque will make it feel as quick. From a brief sit in it last year, the driving position will feel very familiar to any NA1/2 owners...and it looks better in the flesh than the photos.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I'm sure it's a deal given that it's potentially a very inexpensive 918/P1 option.....but as you say, there's a high risk of significant depreciation at its current list.

I'll have to sleep on it.
    Last edited by m33ufo; 17-03-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2016 Alfa 4C Spider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast