Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought one of these -

Default Bought one of these -

http://theinductor.co.uk/mini-ductor-II-plus

I had mentioned it in one of my previous posts. Used it today on a few nuts and bolts and it has worked a treat. I was struggling to remove the front anti roll bar drop links from the lower arms. A few seconds with this and straight off. Freed off the seized bleed nipples on all my callipers, again in seconds. I also managed to undo one of the front caster adjusters, haven't done the others yet. Fortunately, for a 26 year old, 177K mileage car, all my rear suspension geo adjustment fixings are all free, so haven't needed it for freeing off them.

It's expensive but well worth it, for any DIY'er, as it'll be a tool for life.

I would post up pics or a vid but I can't get anything to load up on this site.

Cheers
    Wix
    Wix

It looks great, although I think the advertising blurb needs running through a bullsh!t filter.

MC

Wixer, I think it's because of your membership status you can't post any pictures or videos? A forum administrator should be able to confirm but that's my suspicion...

Something I keep meaning to do, is join, now it's the beginning of the year.
    Wix

Blog Entries

Hi, Wix.
    For your reference, no need to be Platinum status for posting photo, video, etc.

There is a problem with the forum software or module when uploading the file directly to the forum server.

Among the Admins, we are discussing about whether to go ver.4.2.2 or ver.5 (we are still at 4.2.0) as we are aware of the image verification module issue as well.
    Either the forum main version is too old or some of the add-ons, modules are no longer compatible for these issues.

Hope the upgrade will happen some point in the near future but last time when we spoke, forumadmin was really busy so have to wait.

In the meantime, could you host your photo, video, etc files on services such as Photobucket, Flickr, Google Photo, Youtube, etc?
    You need the direct link to be able to share the photo on this forum and some of the services won’t let you do it so please select the appropriate service.

This will not only save the disk space of the forum server (although not a big problem because of the following restriction in place) but also you don’t need to spend all the time for configuring your photo file size, pixel size, etc.
    There is different restriction for each file type when uploading directly.
    If you need assistant, just send me email.
    No PM please, as I have huge difficulty in accessing it.

Kaz

Sounds almost too good to be true!

I can understand the bolts and bleed nipples at they're ferrous, but how did is work on the caster adjuster cup as it's aluminium?
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by wixer View Post
    http://theinductor.co.uk/mini-ductor-II-plus

I had mentioned it in one of my previous posts. Used it today on a few nuts and bolts and it has worked a treat. I was struggling to remove the front anti roll bar drop links from the lower arms. A few seconds with this and straight off. Freed off the seized bleed nipples on all my callipers, again in seconds. I also managed to undo one of the front caster adjusters, haven't done the others yet. Fortunately, for a 26 year old, 177K mileage car, all my rear suspension geo adjustment fixings are all free, so haven't needed it for freeing off them.

It's expensive but well worth it, for any DIY'er, as it'll be a tool for life.

I would post up pics or a vid but I can't get anything to load up on this site.

Cheers
    Wix
    Hi Wixer, try resizing your images with this free app before posting, it's easy to use and works every time. Simples.👍

Photo Resizer Lite – Resize Photo With A Click by Rahul Malhotra
    https://appsto.re/gb/c9me-.i
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Sounds almost too good to be true!

I can understand the bolts and bleed nipples at they're ferrous, but how did is work on the caster adjuster cup as it's aluminium?
    Nick,
    I used it on the steel adjuster nut not the cup itself. Turns out, both my adjust cups aren't seized. Still need to free off the other adjuster nuts. Only thing with the Miniductor is it does melt the plastic in the nyloc nuts, so replacements will be required, which should be done anyway.

Wix
    Wix

Thanks, I'll give the photo resizer a try.

Wix
    Wix

Quote Originally Posted by wixer View Post
    Nick,
    I used it on the steel adjuster nut not the cup itself. Turns out, both my adjust cups aren't seized. Still need to free off the other adjuster nuts. Only thing with the Miniductor is it does melt the plastic in the nyloc nuts, so replacements will be required, which should be done anyway.

Wix
    That makes more sense - I had visions of your lower compliance bushes melting!

You have to be different - my nuts were easy, but the cups are fast.

I have this idea about carving a cup tool out of hickory, putting it in a Stilson and giving them a good crank. But that's as far as I've got, since they're not too far out of alignment anyway.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast