Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarahs Nissan Cube (it's proper JDMness!)

What a PIA.

Fortunately, you have the skills...

Are any of these any good as comparos?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/nissan/cube

I'd state your price (reasonable!) & go legal on them.

The cost of defending a CCJ might make them a bit more amenable to settle.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Sorry to see and read about Sarah's trials and tribulations.

It's bad enough to have your pride and joy damaged by a Vauxhall without the insurance companies playing silly beggars.

Good luck with the repairs and the insurance co's....I get the distinct feeling that you are not going to be worn down to the point of giving up and good on you both for that.

Hope the cube is soon restored to its pristine best.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Ironically after 3 years of ignoring me, I finally received a letter late last week to say that the insurance company have appointed a solicitor to deal with my case. Then to really take the pee, I get a phone call from the solicitor today wanting to know why I haven't sent their form back yet asking me to duplicate all the information already given!!!!!

Olly

It is a really sad state of affairs when one pays so much to insurance companies and they behave in such an unprofessional manner. I recently found out that we had been overpaying for a business policy that we did not need.

I hope you get it to it's former glory soon.

typical isn't it, drive all the way from Rochester to Burnley to get replacement panels in the wrong colour (900Km round trip) then purchase primer and paint to do the respray to match the colour, get the panels primed.......

and this turns up breaking in Southend on Sea, about 40miles away, technically closer but the Thames is in the way!!!

........and it's the right colour!!!!!!

typical!!!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Oh, that's Sod's Law...

Could you buy it and stash it somewhere, in case of future misfortune?
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Or why not just buy and repair it as I'm sure it's not beyond you, then you will have matching cubes and a far more economical daily drive to boot. 👍
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

if i had somewhere to hide it i would have found another already, one recently went for £950 just needing the brake calipers overhauling!!!

ironically, when we took both cars cross country to Japfest at castle coombe, the nsx was the more economical on petrol, the cube is designed as a city car, and doesn't like motorways!
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

oh well.... at least it's warmed up a bit and no wind.........

inside of the red door flatted back to remove the gloss, to give a decent key for the new paint.....

and primed....
    aka Jonathan!!

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    oh well.... at least it's warmed up a bit and no wind.........

inside of the red door flatted back to remove the gloss, to give a decent key for the new paint.....

and primed....
    Maybe you should leave the newspaper in the back window to warn people not to drive too close...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast