Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fat 5 refurb....

Default fat 5 refurb....

Well I have a valid excuse why I’ve not been on the forum posting so much, just done a quick refurb on my fat 5 wheels that have my winter tyres on them!

When I took them off last winter, a couple were getting a little more than crusty,

so I gave the bubbles a quick scrape off, just to check the aluminium underneath was ok (it was) and the plan was to get them refurbed in the summer…..

….best laid plans and all that,

when we had the brief flurry of snow a couple of weeks ago, the wheels looked like….

...Flatted back and etch primed over the bare metal parts… bum!

Add more primer….

aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

A base up of silver

And lacquer…

The centre cap ‘H’ stickers are actually metal on mine, but made up vinyl stickers after scanning the original ‘H’

And fitted…
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

And on the car, it’s officially winter!

that does mean the likelihood of freezing temperatures and snow has dropped significantly!
    aka Jonathan!!

Hi Jonathan,

is that a 'cube' rear door in one of the prep photos? Are you having to rebuild Sarah's car yourself?

wheels look very good!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Thanks for sharing Jonathen...looks fantastic.

The club has gone to S..t, so any great post limit this is appreciated. I've been on here years, payed duties even though I don't even own an NSX any more [well not old one] and post like yours are great.

Thank you kindly......
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

the wheels will do until the summer!!

yup, that's Sarah's replacement cube rear door after the insurance farce....

i might have to start an off topic cube..... thread!!!

edit i have!!!! it's a britlude takeover!
    Last edited by britlude; 30-01-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Thanks for sharing Jonathen...looks fantastic.

The club has gone to S..t, so any great post limit this is appreciated. I've been on here years, payed duties even though I don't even own an NSX any more [well not old one] and post like yours are great.

Thank you kindly......
    your welcome, i hope the recovery is still moving in the right direction!
    aka Jonathan!!

Stilling recovering my friend, another Hospitat appointment early Feb. Just a standard checkup. They said no need to bring over nite bage; so that's good.

I really love the setup of your car, I used to have a set of those wheels laying in one of my garages somewhere. I must get my ass in gear and go search
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    I used to have a set of those wheels laying in one of my garages somewhere.
    oh to have enough space to lose stuff!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

I have plenty space, 4 Garages and 30arcs of ground. Andrew, Shain can fill you in.

I had 20 or so Nissan 300zx which is one one of my favourite cars. Looking for a nice example currently to keep.... The Supra TT Auto is something amazing. Had a few of those also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast