Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel bearing

Default Wheel bearing

Suspect I need a new rear wheel bearing soon, so phoned Honda for a price.
    WTF!!!!! £324......just for the bearing. I said your having a laugh! He said it's not a Jazz. I said is it made of fairy dust, gold and diamonds!
    Out of curiosity I priced an Audi R8 5.2 v10.......£90

Is Honda out of their f##king minds! I'm sick of their over inflated prices. No it's not a jazz, but it's not a Pagani f##king zonda R either.

Rant over,

Anybody know where to get a bearing from at a realistic price?

cheers Ian

i did the rear wheel bearings at the back on mine ages ago , the same time i replaced the drive shafts......

got a pair from Dirk back in the day.....

i agree with you, Honda do know how to charge for such things!

the really curious thing i noticed as i bolted mine up was the faint 'Ford' logo stamped on the part......... faint, but definitely looked like 'Ford'!

anyway... try rockauto for a better price point... with a choice of suppliers! (guessed at 2002!)

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/a...+assembly,1636
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

USA, Japan, AS Motorsport.

I know exactly how you feel Ian 😡, welcome back again to the NSX Honda UK parts world, yet again.

I've just stumped up nearly £700!!!! for a CL release fork, spring and guide, not only do other manufacturers forks very rarely wear out and therefore never need replacing but if you needed an R8 clutch fork...........£86+vat!!!!!!🤑

Good luck with the bearing though, maybe you can research a pattern part at a fraction the cost. Maybe Kaz knows the size of it to find one.🤔
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Blog Entries

You can replace just the bearing and re-use the holder but unless doing DIY, it may not be cost effective.
    Also, you better ask the person carrying out the task on whether it is cheaper to simply replace both the bearing assy (bearing + holder) and the hub assy (hub + wheel stud bolt) rather than re-using the hub assy by removing the old bearing.

When you remove the old bearing from the hub (not the holder), the internal section (inner race) of the old bearing stays on the hub and pulling this off is quite time consuming if you don’t have the right tool.
    Also, it’s no easy removing the inner race without leaving many markings on the hub side so I normally prefer replacing both the bearing assy and the hub assy at the same time.
    You just need balancing the cost of new parts against all the required labour charge if re-using the hub assy.

Not sure how much you can save by using RockAuto but Timken is good and probably SKF is better although it may getting to the point where the price is similar to the OEM one from Japan through one of the NSXCB vendor.

I replaced my RL bearing and hub long time ago using OEM ones. Joy of living in UK with lots and lots of roundabouts.....

Kaz

Thank you people for your replies.
    Thanks Kaz, probably will replace hub and bearing.

Ian

Put this off for too long now, need to get sorted before summer.
    Have been looking around and found this...https://www.autodoc.co.uk/japanparts/2166350 anybody heard of these, seem a good price.

cheers Ian

A geat saving Ian, noted and logged for when I need one.👍

Never heard of them but with a much longer warranty (2 years) than Honda uk parts I don't think you can go far wrong.

IMHO a quality motor vehicle bearing is just as good as another quality bearing, if it was an aircraft I would say don't do it.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I'm just about to buy a Centric C-TEK rear wheel bearing plus holder via Rockauto. I checked out the Centric website and comments online and it all looks OK. Rock auto list an economy one from Centric for £31 and a standard one for £88. The Centric website only lists one part and they all have the same part number. So unless somebody chimes in with some bad experience I'm going for the £31 part. As always there will be shipping etc from the US.

Here are Centric and their C-TEK brand http://www.centricparts.com/products/c-tek
    And here Rockauto choices http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/a...+assembly,1636
    Btw, for what it's worth, I read bad things about WJB.

Thanks
    Peter
    Last edited by PeterW; 19-07-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added links
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Did you try www.amayama.com? Looks like they have it (44200SL0008) @ £128.87

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast