Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel bearing

Hi,
    Thanks for the amayama suggestion. I decided to go for the £31 C-Tek bearing from Rockauto. If I have any problems with it I'll update the thread.
    Thanks
    Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

The C-Tek wheel bearing has now been installed on the rear near side. While that was apart I decided to replace, the near side drive shaft (Surtrack/Trakmotive) and drop links (Moog) both sides. All parts from RockAuto and they all went on OK. The work was done by VTEC Direct in Winsford Cheshire. They did a good job and clearly know their way round an NSX very well.
    Although there was no noticeable play in it, the old wheel bearing really was knackered. The car is so much quieter now! Bliss!

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

How long do the rear wheel bearings last on average if the car is not tracked? I'm in the higher miles now and had the car up on jackstands yesterday. The front wheels were quiet while turning but the rear one were noisier. Not excessivly and they don't make additional noises in turns. The diff might contribute also to the noise.

Hi Goldnsx,
    That rear wheel bearing had done about 75k miles. I don’t know if my car has been tracked. Not by me anway. But it has gone round lots of British roundabouts, which is maybe why the left hand side one went first.
    Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    How long do the rear wheel bearings last on average if the car is not tracked? I'm in the higher miles now and had the car up on jackstands yesterday. The front wheels were quiet while turning but the rear one were noisier. Not excessivly and they don't make additional noises in turns. The diff might contribute also to the noise.
    Depends very on rim offset too. My customer with his 615.000km NSX in Vienna still has his first wheel bearings installed, but he is babying his NSX around and don't drive fast. All the lifetime with stock rims.

4 other customers in the 200.000km range with the first bearings too.

My car with lots of track km and 106.000km with the first bearings too.
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12