Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NA2 project 2017

I'm familiar with the rebuild. What I want to know is we're there any untackled issues or has the car been neglected subsequently.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

What mileage has the car got on it now?
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Everything is resolveable Im sure. Get it aligned and make sure everything lines up OK. Sure there is enough adjustment on there to compensate for any chassis issues.

Just get it working and enjoy the car yourself. You have a rare model there. You can enjoy owning and driving a car that probably cost you half what unmolested/unrepaired ones do, without too much concern about depreciation!
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

55000 miles

Yup that's the reason I bought the car.
    Rarity and love of the NSX

Blog Entries

I would say, it depends on your final goal and whether you are committed to the long term ownership or not.

As you mentioned, your NSX is well known to the forum.
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...oning-underway
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...or-auction-but

First of all, it’s your NSX so I would say enjoy it and do whatever you want.
    However, as you asked for the advice, followings are my personal view.

If you are thinking of selling within the next few years, you may want carrying out just the basic for the mechanical services but using Honda dealers such as Norton Way Honda in Letchworth for service warranty and the attractive wording of ‘service history by main Honda dealers’ in your sale Ad.
    Then, focus on the exterior/interior cosmetic/appearance for the good first impression towards the potential buyers.

You will be balancing the cost of the above projects and the asking sale price so you are better off leaving the detailed mechanical services to the new owner.
    At least, it seems that it had TB/WP serviced and crank pulley replaced.

Having no A/C could be a disadvantage especially if you are selling during spring – summer period.
    Initially, I thought you were talking about the evaporator issue you mentioned in the other thread but that was with your previous NSX and not this one.
    So, you need to clarify whether you are having CCU issue, lack of refrigerant or something else.

From time to time, used OEM European spec audio head unit becomes available on the market and you can get the RHD spec centre console from Japan.
    Just make sure to select the correct surface finish for your year/country spec.
    Christian at ATR (you can find him on NSXCB vendor section) may have used unit or RHD centre console.

Not sure what you meant about ‘no lights come on at anytime’ for the ABS.
    Are you saying that you don't see the yellow ABS light even when you turn the IG key into P2 ON position before cranking the engine?

To attract wider variety of potential buyers, you are better off keeping the original look and not the Type-R conversion.
    You can’t create Type-R/NSX-R out of standard coupe any way because some of the key components are already discontinued and some of the Type-R parts 'should not' be used with the standard model.

Even with the sophisticated modern alignment tool, it only shows the angle/distance of each wheel against the virtual centre line of the chassis and it’s only static measurement and not dynamic.
    So, having alignment figures within the spec doesn’t mean you don’t have frame issue.
    There is a way to check this but it’s time consuming and probably not cost effective.
    In Japan, some owners went down this route to be 100% sure after purchasing the used NSX but the cost was huge..
    If the worst comes, complete front frame was available until recently but Honda decided to recover all of the remaining stock in order to take detailed measurement for future production so at the moment, none in stock with unknown delivery schedule.

If you are thinking of keeping it for many years, then to start with, taking many photos of front/side/rear of the car, front compartment under the hood/bonnet, ABS area, radiator hose, several different angle of engine bay, coolant/header tank and cap area and ideally, the bottom view of the eng/gbox section would help. If you don't want to share them on here, just upload them on somewhere and share the link through PM or email to the members you want getting the advice.

Kaz

Hi Kaz
    thanks as always for your feedback.
    the idea is to enjoy the car. I never plan too far ahead. I want to get the car back to excellent mechanical condition with any recommended updates to maintain performance. Nothing flash.
    The air con fans behind the bumper are missing so I'm assuming other related parts are too.
    The abs lights on start up or during heavy braking on test don't display. I have seen an unplugged wire under the bonnet where I think the abs connections are.
    I was planning on asking Honda to use their brand new alignment measuring machine at the body shop on the front end. £350.00! I was a little unclear from your advice as to whether spending that money is necessary.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Enjoy your car, focus on your enjoyment, not the little things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12