Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Filter

Also something to note is as we drive on the left side of the road here in the UK the intake is above the gutter which is generally where most of the dust and crud ends up. Drive on the ride side and your intake is in the middle of the road which is generally cleaner. I wonder if the Honda guru's thought of that as they drive on the left too?
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

No point at all in changing from OEM system....Only benefit is very very very small amount of weight reduction, still not worth it. I ran with the Cone designed in my car for a while, but ended up going back to standard. I could build an OEM Carbon fiber exact OEM unit or In Kevlar, but not worth while unless the numbers of people where interested. It also wouldn't be cheap at all, so again not worth changing from OEM.

I think I still have an intake scoop like the downforce one at $195.00

If I can find it, I'm willing to give it away, all that is asked is to donate some kind of money to the club...

Sudesh..........
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by dcnsx View Post
    Hi All.

I opened my airbox yesterday and found the oem filter was a tad dirty. So I've thought about the opportunity of fitting an aftermarket unit, like a pipercross for example. What are you thoughts regards these oiled filters?

Cheers
    If all you're only concerned about the filter being a "tad dirty" and not too interested in a lovely induction note along with an increase in power then just replace the filter, simples.
    Last edited by Pride; 19-12-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Hi,

i use a flat K&N filter in the OEM airbox since i had the car... in fact, the car came with a K&N filter
    already in it, i just bought a spare.

Thanks,
    Nuno

Im not concerned, a dirty filter shows it's doing it's job. Im not looking for any power gains or induction volume increase just simply is the panel filter worth changing for an oiled one. But to me it sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. OEM filter on order.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    If all you're really concerned about then dcnsx is the filter being a "tad dirty" and not too interested in a lovely induction note along with an increase in power then just replace the filter, simples.
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12