Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NC1 will be on "The Grand Tour" next month.👍

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    I reckon it would have been 4-5 seconds quicker but I feel sure they just couldn't bear the thought of a "Honda" being faster than the Supercar establishment.]
    It's been tested by numerous publications already, when on trick tyres it's was a par with Carrera S at Laguna, when on standard slightly slower than Cayman S (latest one with turbo which appears to be very rapid!) on UK track. Still pretty quick!

I can't explain why but I do know through that experience that May's time is wrong.
    It's about right, Autocar did 3.3 in the dry

A recent and more accurate test review here me thinks:😎

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mclar...t-drivers-car/
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

A recent and more accurate test review here me thinks:
    Why?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Why?
    Simples:
    I just don't trust nor believe in the ex TG guys opinions or tests.

IT's ALL JUST FAKE NEWS.
    Last edited by Pride; 11-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Simples:
    I just don't trust nor believe in the ex TG guys opinions or tests.

IT's ALL JUST FAKE NEWS.
    Well thank heavens for that. I was worried that your reasoning (!) might be idiotic and spurious.

Tin foil hat fitting snugly this morning?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I thought May's test was pretty fair, he seemed to genuinely like it. He's a well known Honda bike fan aswell, he owns an RC30 and CB400.
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

7. Default

I have come to the realisation (and it didn't take long!) that all car reviews are flawed, they are personal opinions based on what the driver thinks of that car at that time. Also 0-60 figures are in themselves meaning less, I drove a 1275 Mini that would do 0-60 in under 10 - it was geared so that maximum was 65 - it was a pain to drive. I do not have extensive car knowledge or driver skill, but in the end it is a personal choice. The best and only way is to go drive one. If the new NSX goes the same as the original then in 15 years I might be able to afford one, until then I can only sit and be pleased that others can buy and more over enjoy them as a supreme example of bringing F1 type technology within the reach of those that do not have to live in Monaco to avoid tax!

If the only reason to buy/own a car like this was to have the perfect mode of fast fun transport then there wouldn't be people out there spending £1,000,000 on a replica (sorry Continuation) Jag.

I think James Hunt once said that he had most fun driving an A35 van with skinny tyres, not much power but real fun to throw all over the place, I won't mention the type of car I have had most fun in.

So odd rant over, I would just love the opportunity to drive one ...
    Last edited by sorepaws; 12-01-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Mike

Generally, new cars have been homogenised by regulation and convergent evolution, such that there are not really many bad cars any more. And they are all a bit samey.

That's despite my lamenting the surprisingly questionable ergonomics in many of them.

It therefore is much more a question of personal preferences than ever it was.

I'd also like to try an NC1, even if it's probably far too much car for me. I might be wrong...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

"Clarke son definitely does not like Honda"

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Why do you say that - it's not the impression I have got from various favourable pieces he has written about Honda's more interesting products over the years? (By way of a short example, see the quote in my signature)
    And as I suspected out would come the knives at the first chance of a written car review. 😡

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-review...017-honda-nsx/
    Pride.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345