Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NC1 maxed out on the Autobahn 😎

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Peak power of 507PS is from 6500-7500rpm (electric motors will be unlikely to provide input for too long at that speed), so I'm not sure it would go much quicker. I recall the original Diablo broke 200mph with <500bhp, but not sure how the CdAs compare
    Just watched video again - if you look on the left hand side of dash you can see what looks like stability control light flashing, so maybe something is causing power to be reined in.

Good eye! The "Vehicle Stability Assist" indicator light comes on at an indicated 308-309 km/h.

In my NA1, the traction control cuts in at about 7550 rpm in fifth gear and prevents further acceleration. If the traction control is turned off, the TCS doesn't kick in at that speed but the yellow TCS failure light comes on instead. Maybe Honda did something similar with the NC1.

Edit: That would be easy to test - just turn off the Vehicle Stability Assist system and see how fast an NC1 will go then. I recently read a review of some new car (Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio?) whose top speed is limited as long as the stability control is on. The journalist was incredulous but if Honda did that as well, they wouldn't be alone.
    Last edited by greenberet; 10-11-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenberet View Post
    Good eye! The "Vehicle Stability Assist" indicator light comes on at an indicated 308-309 km/h.

In my NA1, the traction control cuts in at about 7550 rpm in fifth gear and prevents further acceleration. If the traction control is turned off, the TCS doesn't kick in at that speed but the yellow TCS failure light comes on instead. Maybe Honda did something similar with the NC1.

Edit: That would be easy to test - just turn off the Vehicle Stability Assist system and see how fast an NC1 will go then. I recently read a review of some new car (Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio?) whose top speed is limited as long as the stability control is on. The journalist was incredulous but if Honda did that as well, they wouldn't be alone.
    In that case lets hope soon then that another magazine Journo takes it back up the autobahn for another flat out thrashing with the traction control turned off, because as dragonlady well knows it's the only LEGAL place to top 200mph.
    Clarkson's new tv show, Gand Tour, would be the perfect place to test this theory so let's hope he reads this.
    Last edited by Pride; 10-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

You can use my real name, and not the wife's forum name, I won't be offended.
    And yes, it is legal to do whatever speed. Most people would use brain matter to deduct wether it is an appropriate time to do so.
    You could LEGALY do 70 mph on a uk motorway in thick fog, visibility down to less than 10m, but would you? They don't always put up speed restrictions on the gantry.

Ian
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 10-11-2016 at 07:56 PM.

The death rate on motorways per million passenger miles driven is about the same in Germany as it is in all the neighboring countries (that have general speed limits). I'd image the speed differentials could be disconcerting if you're not used to them, though.
    Last edited by greenberet; 10-11-2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Sorry to spoil your little party, but after watching the clip............

What a f@@king moron driving at that speed when there are other cars and lorries on the road. After being in Germany two weeks ago on the autobahn doing 100 plus is risky enough. We had numerous cars pull out in front of us only doing 70-80 and we had to brake hard to avoid rear ending them. At a closing speed of 80 mph plus he would not have stood a chance! Killing third parties in the process. And not to mention filming himself whilst doing it!
    Yes we all have fun whilst driving, but there is a time and a place for it, not on a busy road.
    And I thought people on this forum were a little more sensible than that and not like boy racers on other sites.
    If that video showed a kid racing at speed like that and causing a pile up and fatalities, you all be singing a different tune then!
    rant over.
    Ian
    Looks like your rant worked Ian, this forum is back to being an empty reference library again, remember those, boring 😴💤
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Sorry Pride, but there is a time and a place, as you know from the pancake run.
    Yes do it on the autobahn, but when it's quiet, i.e. Crack of dawn on a stretch that doesn't have traffic.
    At the speed he was doing he is travelling about 80m a second. Now if somebody looked in their rear view mirror and saw him 300m away, thought "ok plenty of room" and pulled out without looking again or indicating as they sometimes do, yon are now 120m away with a closing speed of 70, 80mph plus, less than a second to react = accident!
    It happened to us as I said earlier whilst in Germany, luckily we were only doing about 110mph, but we still had to brake hard.
    I'm all for seeing what these cars are capable of, and you know we have a fun drive in Wales when it's clear to enjoy our cars.
    Just saying time and place, safety first.

Ian

hang on......

hold it right there.....

just sorting the popcorn and getting in a comfy seat
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    hang on......

hold it right there.....

just sorting the popcorn and getting in a comfy seat
    Make sure you put your seat belt on then, something I'm always guilty of not doing, and then tearing up the autobahn in this newly announced beauty, surely this will do way over 200mph and out perform everything in and out of it's class.😎🎉

http://www.opptrends.com/2016/11/201...e-over-700-hp/
    Pride.

Drool!
    It's a shame they don't ditch the electric motors and batteries to save weight and up the bhp of the motor, which I'm sure is possible with a remap, exhaust etc etc and make it rear wheel drive.
    And then keep all the little luxuries.
    Ian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast