Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NC1 maxed out on the Autobahn 😎

The Type-R will have the "special ZR" tyres.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    They are saving 200mph+ for the forthcoming Type R.
    I agree, plus, how many of you have maxed your NSX? It would be so nice to read a thread where Honda owners supported and celebrated everything Honda has achieved with this new NSX, instead we get repetition about what they should or could have done.

Honda changed the game in the 90's with the original. From my understanding it took just as long to develop as the current one but no one really knew as we were not bombarded by social media, so instead the motoring world was delivered a new sports car that changed the way people expected these cars to behave.

Today, the fortunate few will soon take delivery of Honda's new game changer that provides hyper car technology in an "affordable" platform. I suspect (as I don't know but have discussed with Honda representatives) that this time they have a marketing plan. I hope it follows the Audi approach that will see a new variant every couple of years, i.e. Cabriolet, GT3, a lower spec entry model and an NSX-R variant ..... and as they do, so will come the extra performance some need to see on paper.

Im told it takes an awful lot more power to add each 1mph when you are above 180 ... but each one comes higher component stress and wear. Honda is a world leader in reliability and will not risk this reputation for a headline number as brand damage alone would outweigh the benefit. Unleashed the new NSX may well hit 200 but at what price. They will save this headline for the ultimate halo model, equip it with tyres and other components that won't throw someone off the autobahn and then, maybe, the negative 'supporters' will finally be happy.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

3. Default

I drove the new NSX last wednesday. Really interesting. But the thing is, the best thing about it is not how it does 180mph but how it does 18mph. Quiet mode is really cool, and moves seamlessly onto internal combustion as you squeeze the throttle. I think the jury is still out on what it does differently to many other cars out on the market, but as a cool road car it is really is a great achievement by the design and development team (IMHO, as they say) - More details / photos / video to follow once we get clearance to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    how many of you have maxed your NSX?
    Hit a GPS'd 155 on the A'bahn...rate of advance was slowing down by that point and a bend was approaching rather rapidly. So not quite, but close.

In general I agree though - raw figures are for top trumps and pub bragging. Far rather a car that's nice-to-drive if slower than the opposition...which actually defines the NA1/NA2 rather well...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    raw figures are for top trump
    Acura should now give Donald the next RED NC1 off the production line after tonight.👏👏🇺🇸🇺🇸😂
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Id better get myself an NSX sharpish then before Trump blows up the world!

Quote Originally Posted by dcnsx View Post
    Id better get myself an NSX sharpish then before Trump blows up the world!
    All I can is Brexit X 10, good on ya America 👍
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Sorry to spoil your little party, but after watching the clip............

What a f@@king moron driving at that speed when there are other cars and lorries on the road. After being in Germany two weeks ago on the autobahn doing 100 plus is risky enough. We had numerous cars pull out in front of us only doing 70-80 and we had to brake hard to avoid rear ending them. At a closing speed of 80 mph plus he would not have stood a chance! Killing third parties in the process. And not to mention filming himself whilst doing it!
    Yes we all have fun whilst driving, but there is a time and a place for it, not on a busy road.
    And I thought people on this forum were a little more sensible than that and not like boy racers on other sites.
    If that video showed a kid racing at speed like that and causing a pile up and fatalities, you all be singing a different tune then!
    rant over.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Sorry to spoil your little party, but after watching the clip............

What a f@@king moron driving at that speed when there are other cars and lorries on the road. After being in Germany two weeks ago on the autobahn doing 100 plus is risky enough. We had numerous cars pull out in front of us only doing 70-80 and we had to brake hard to avoid rear ending them. At a closing speed of 80 mph plus he would not have stood a chance! Killing third parties in the process. And not to mention filming himself whilst doing it!
    Yes we all have fun whilst driving, but there is a time and a place for it, not on a busy road.
    And I thought people on this forum were a little more sensible than that and not like boy racers on other sites.
    If that video showed a kid racing at speed like that and causing a pile up and fatalities, you all be singing a different tune then!
    rant over.
    Ian
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Ian. I too was horrified.

Please note only the Red NC1's can top 200
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Ian. I too was horrified.

Please note only the Red NC1's can top 200
    Good point well made Geoff.
    Pride.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast