Thread: Buying an NSX........

1. Default Buying an NSX........

Hi folks,

I'm 10 minutes away from Plans and was very nearly tempted to the high miler. I'm not quite so tempted by the 55k car, despite being a UK.

The classifieds seems to be baron of activity - is it because you're all holding on to them? I've used Torque GT before so will probably end up importing via them.

I've had 2 x DC2's, a DC5 and a UK Accord Type R so fairly well versed with Honda. My only concern is the long second gear on the early cars but guess this can be reduced by changing gearing.

So yeah, this is a hello from me!

Welcome.

Yes, we are keeping them, some are more greedy than others with more than one car...

If you buy a JDM car it will not have the long second gear but obviously the gearing can be changed.

Hi,

Also, a lot of the facelifts have been repatriated to RHD Asian markets, when prices were still relatively low here.

Good luck with the search.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by PULSE View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm 10 minutes away from Plans and was very nearly tempted to the high miler. I'm not quite so tempted by the 55k car, despite being a UK.

The classifieds seems to be baron of activity - is it because you're all holding on to them? I've used Torque GT before so will probably end up importing via them.

I've had 2 x DC2's, a DC5 and a UK Accord Type R so fairly well versed with Honda. My only concern is the long second gear on the early cars but guess this can be reduced by changing gearing.

So yeah, this is a hello from me!
    Hi PULSE.
    Did you visit Plans in the end today and if so what did you think of the high mileage NSX???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  