Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fuel pump resistor bypass

Did you measure the fuel pressure? What's the pressure at idle? That's the first thing I'd check.

Not sure about the fuel pressure regulator...

i'm having the same issues at the moment, i checked my fuel pressure and that seemed within spec at both pump resistor in line and bypassed, and with the pressure regulator vac line disconnected, and connected....

the hesitation i have isn't regular and repeatable enough to fault find easily, but as mine is JDM it has temp sensors in the cats. these flagged up an over-temp condition on the motorway. this was after a brief period (seconds) of the engine 'missing' while on a constant cruise on a slight incline. this was was experienced with AND without the fuel resistor in line with the pump

with the help of Kaz's knowledge, the JDM overtemp warning light implies raw fuel at the cats, burning in the exhaust, heating the cats. as i checked the fuel pressure, i didn't see any evidence over fuelling, so i'm leaning towards an ignition issue.

to that end i have a couple of used ignitors winging their way to me, so i can eliminate that side of things.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

3. Default

I started this thread nearly two years ago, and i have Still the samedi issue.
    I am searching for a solution since then
    Last day I found a fellow primer with a TPS issue sounding like what I endure for so long.
    I disconnected my TPS and beside the CEL light coming on, I can tell that the car seems to ride perfectly. I reconnected it and the issue was restored.
    Can i drive with the TPS disconnected waiting for the part to arrive?
    I only found TPS for 95/05 nsx wich I bought anyway. I found divergent informations about it. Some says that it turn the wrong way, other says that it is ok all honda's TPS are the same, other says you can invert the polarity.
    Has anyone have any real good informations about this stuff?
    I will clean my throttle body and check the idle at the same time
    Last edited by metsuki; 14-09-2018 at 04:36 PM.

As a quick (if late) update to my symptoms, I replaced the ignitor and ignition coils, and, touch wood for luck, all has been ok since....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12