Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruntingthorpe today 156mph

Default Bruntingthorpe today 156mph

So why did my car only manage 156mph today at VMAX ??

Whatever I did, 156mph every time.

With passenger, without, TCS on/off, wing mirrors folding in/out.

All 7 high speed passes were 156mph, I just ran out of power, I know the weather was not ideal, absolutely sweating with not even a breeze but still.

Anyway a few pictures of the metal on show

2. Default

well done matey :wink:

156 is not bad!!!!! 8)

Default top speed

Thats a good speed mate. At Elvinton I managed 162mph in 1.25 mile but my car had no cats and an aftermarket exhaust. How long was the run. I think the cats removed allows the engine to run more free at high speed. Maiby wrong though.

4. Default

So.... what sort of speeds were you reaching in say 4th?
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

I didn't check speeds in gears unfortunately

It was a very hot day so that didn't help, especially as the runway is 2 miles.

6. Default

Funnily I ran later that afternoon (was busy taking photo's, then playing with Bens M Roadster, and finally had to dash up to Kwik-Fit for new pair of rear tyres after a puncture (£££OUCH£££!)). Guess what? Yes, 156mph. As I mentioned I suspect my exhaust is liberating a little more grunt - possibly to 3.2 levels - but thats still down on my 160mph best. Everyone commented on being 4-5mph down on previous best.

FWIW fastest in the Z4M was 152mph.... (although it was easily the most sideways :twisted: )

Default V max

Could the air temperature be a factor?

Warm air is less dense than cold and releases fewer horses.

Mo
    speed on track is indirectly proportional to the value of your car

Default Re: V max

That's what I am thinking, either that or it takes more than 2 miles for an NSX to get to VMAX. I have had the car further round the clock than that before so it could have been anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by modarr
    Could the air temperature be a factor?

Warm air is less dense than cold and releases fewer horses.

Mo

Hi Simon,

Was the 156mph what was measured on your car's speedo, or is it some kind of digital/gps reading?

156 sounds questionably and unbelievably much much too low...especially when some people have seen 187 on their speedo on stock 3.0 litres.

Cheers,
    Martin
    Owner of a 1996 Manual NSX Coupe (UK) since 11 June 2004

The feature car in:
    Autocar Supercar supplement (May 2006)
    &
    Classic & Sports Car (November 2000)

156 was using the speed trap equipment they had, it was a very warm day though and only a 2 mile runway with a lot of heavy dead air. It really was like a swimming pool.

1 other NSX (trackdemon) also managed only 156 with a 3.0 car and aftermarket exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Hi Simon,

Was the 156mph what was measured on your car's speedo, or is it some kind of digital/gps reading?

156 sounds questionably and unbelievably much much too low...especially when some people have seen 187 on their speedo on stock 3.0 litres.

Cheers,
    Martin

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast