Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice US NA2 on auction

Default Nice US NA2 on auction

I recently bought a nice 912 Outlaw on this site. Bringatrailer.com. Car currently on a ship heading to Felixstowe.

Theres a nice, low miles, NSX on the site, ending in a few days. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for. Also, it's worth checking out Haggerty valuation tool for NSX. There is a huge uplift in prices the last month... Must be the halo effect of the new car...
    2004 Red Coupe

What a great site that is, lots of interesting cars at sensible bidding prices by the look of it:

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-acura-nsx/

Approximately how much are the import charges Gary???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

I'll be watching this with interest as my car is a sister to this one. Same color, almost same mileage (mine has under 17000 miles) one car later on the line (mine is #130). It would be nice to see it bring a good number, although it would just be little more than a point of reference for me, as I'm not interested in selling any time soon.
    Last edited by The King; 17-09-2016 at 01:57 PM.

The shipping process is quite straight forward. Cost of shipping in US is about £1k (pick up in NY and ship from NY to UK) UK end is about £0.5k.

The duty/VAT is then 5% of car cost including shipping, provided car is more than 30 years old and in original condition.
    2004 Red Coupe

5. Default

Hi Guys. First time here thanks to "The King". Please let me know if you have any questions about the car or if I can assist with anything regarding transport.
    Last edited by Splinter; 21-09-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    2003 Silverstone Metallic NSX. Currently up for auction:

Quote Originally Posted by gturner008 View Post
    I recently bought a nice 912 Outlaw on this site. Bringatrailer.com. Car currently on a ship heading to Felixstowe.

Theres a nice, low miles, NSX on the site, ending in a few days. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for. Also, it's worth checking out Haggerty valuation tool for NSX. There is a huge uplift in prices the last month... Must be the halo effect of the new car...

Approximately £60,000 at current FX - I would say that is a very fair price given the spec of this car. On the other hand, car for car, prices are less in the US than the UK.
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

I thought it went for less than I'd expected. Compared with Ferraris sold on BaT, this NSX would have been a far better buy.
    2004 Red Coupe

[QUOTE=NSX100;121308]Approximately £60,000 at current FX - I would say that is a very fair price given the spec of this car. On the other hand, car for car, prices are less in the US than the UK.[/QUOTE

It's more just a case that asking prices are still vastly inflated in the UK.

[QUOTE=DaveM;121310]
    Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    Approximately £60,000 at current FX - I would say that is a very fair price given the spec of this car. On the other hand, car for car, prices are less in the US than the UK.[/QUOTE

It's more just a case that asking prices are still vastly inflated in the UK.
    I don't agree.
    I think it's more a case that there's nearly 10,000 NSX's "knocking" about in the good ole US of A where as only about 300 UK spec cars available in good old Blighty therefore they will always expect to command a higher price.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Or that the RHD market is far smaller than the LHD market. There's always another angle. In the case of NSX's, there's thousands of them over there so there's more choice for a buyer...simple economics.

Prices of everything in the US are cheap because of purchasing power and because that's what their economy is based on...continuous consumption and re-consumption.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast