Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellow NSX Road rage

Hard to call that one, either lane should be ok. The van driver is a total douche.

The way I see it is that if you don't know exactly the lay out of the exits then staying on the inside lane would be the safest way to negotiate the roundabout just a shame you met an unforgiving hot headed moron.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I like the tune at the end of the vid.......You fill up my senses....

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Highway Code for Roundabouts
    26/9/2014 141 COMMENTS

It is fair to say that roundabouts are one of the hardest sections of the Highway Code for beginners to master. Make sure you read through this page a few times until you completely understand it. If you are learning to drive and have any questions, be sure to note them down and ask your driving instructor next time you have a lesson.

​​DRIVING LESSONS ONLINE - that will save you £'s on learning to drive! Start here >>

Section 184
    Section 184 of the Highway Code is all about what to do when approaching a roundabout. To ensure you approach roundabouts safely you should look out for traffic signs, traffic lights and lane markings, all of which will help you to prepare for manoeuvring around the roundabout and identifying the correct lane.

When approaching a roundabout you should:
    Use the mirror-signal-manoeuvre process
    Decide which exit you need to take as early as possible
    Use the appropriate signal at the optimal time to inform other road users of your intentions
    Get into the correct lane
    Adjust your speed and position to the traffic conditions
    Remain aware of the speed and position of the traffic around you

Section 185
    Section 185 explains what you should do when you reach the roundabout. Again it is important to be aware of the traffic around you and look out for road users who may be signalling incorrectly or in some cases not signalling at all!

When reaching a roundabout you should:
    Always give priority to the traffic coming from the right, unless you have been directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights
    Check if the road markings allow you to proceed without giving way (always look right before joining just in case)
    Watch out for other road users on the roundabout
    Check the traffic has moved off in front of you before you proceed to enter the roundabout

Section 186
    This section of the Highway Code explains the signals and positions required to exit a roundabout safely. Follow the rules and you will find maneuvering roundabouts to be much less stressful.

When taking the first exit (unless signs and markings indicate otherwise):
    Signal left and approach the exit in the left hand lane
    Keep to the left on the roundabout and signal left to leave

When taking an exit to the right or going full circle (unless signs or markings indicate otherwise):
    Signal right and approach the exit in the right hand lane
    Keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to reach your exit
    Signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you intend to take

When taking any intermediate exit (unless signs or markings indicate otherwise):
    Select the appropriate lane on approach to the roundabout
    Stay in the lane until you need to alter your lane to exit
    Signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want to take
    97 Sebring Silver Ex Honda show car.

So Section 186 explains it all, so clearly!

To go on the B 4632 is this an "exit to the right" or an "intermediate exit" - it fits in both categories?

I think the key here is the small word "any", not helped by the word "appropriate" on the next line. Also, why aren't the instructions in sequence? - left, right, intermediate....... left, intermediate, right .....

The @rse in the white van wasn't signalling right, so the message that he was giving me was that he was going to exit on Collin Lane B 4632.
    But then again, the indicator is mis- or un- used so often that you can't rely on the signals that others do or (don't) make (per Section 185).

Arrows (road markings) on the approach to the roundabout would clear this up, but hey, that's too easy!

I think Martin was just unlucky to get too close to someone having a bad day.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

I have had a few interesting encounters with white van man, usually whilst driving my white/grey van.

Usually the madman stare acts as a forcefield!

Glad you are OK.

The Highway Code was written in 1832 when there were only four exits to a roundabout and is largely unhelpful.

I always believe you should be in the left lane before you exit, otherwise some old git driving all the way round in the left lane without indicating will T-bone you. Even going straight on on a D/C, the right lane is risky. I know this for AN FACT...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Agree with Nick - I've seen far too many people (more so recently) turning right from the outside of a roundabout - scary when it happens in front of you!
    (It also seems policy in Spain - whatever exit they're taking, they'll always use the outside lane, and indication is optional)

Amusing aside - went that way again today, and again was following a red merc (CLK cab, or whatever the new ones are called now - E-cabrio?). Except he went in the left lane, and I went in the right, following the thread comments yesterday. Guess what...yep, he was going straight on!!!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12