Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow NSX Road rage

1. Default Yellow NSX Road rage

Anyone on here.
    Beware, Dashcam's becoming popular and can be used as evidence!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5VX8X4rDNk4

I know who's it is but rather let them say if they wished.

White van idiot man was in the wrong lane for that turning but of course they're rules to them selves. 😡
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    I know who's it is but rather let them say if they wished.

White van idiot man was in the wrong lane for that turning but of course they're rules to them selves. 
    Debateable about which lane is correct. All traffic in left lane went straight on (first exit) which is continuation of entry road. Traffic in right hand lane all took 2nd or third exits.
    The yellow NSX was clearly trying to gain an advantage by going around the traffic. He obviously thought he had something to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Debateable about which lane is correct. All traffic in left lane went straight on (first exit) which is continuation of entry road. Traffic in right hand lane all took 2nd or third exits.
    The yellow NSX was clearly trying to gain an advantage by going around the traffic. He obviously thought he had something to prove.
    Totally disagree, firstly the NSX had absolutely nothing to prove so what you mean by that I haven't the foggiest.
    also the exit they were taking at the roundabout had 2 lanes leading into It so why should the white van idiot man pull across the lanes in order to block the NSX only to then stop to hurl abuse and an apple core, which ever way you cut it the van man is in the wrong for threatening behaviour and should be reported for such because the next time it could easily be malicious damage or worse still physical abuse.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

5. Default

He has been reported!
    We will see what the Police response is.
    Absolutely no excuse for his behaviour whether or not correct lane selected.
    i do agree with you.

Nitro,

That's my car - I assume you were in the red Merc, in which case a big thank-you for keeping this (and for reporting it). Was too shaken at the time to think straight - kicked myself afterwards for not getting your details. Did get his # plate then realised that without any evidence the Police wouldn't do anything anyway.

For reference, I'd driven that junction only a few times before (new job in Gloucs, have been experimenting with routes avoiding the Evesham bypass as it's a car-park on Friday afternoons)...I assumed everyone else in the right lane was turning right onto the A44, not going straight on onto the minor road, hence why I went around everyone. Then the Mondeo (or whatever it was) indicates to go straight on and I clock the van's side repeater doing the same, leaving me with nowhere to go as the van was too close to the car in front. So I wasn't trying to prove anything, just have a nice drive in the sun...well, that was the idea!!! :shrug:

If you don't mind, PM or e-mail me the details of your report - I'd like to follow this up with the Police myself if that's OK?

Thanks,

Martin.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

As there are no arrows on the lanes of either the roundabout approach or the roundabout itself, no-one was in the "wrong" lane. Clearly, if you are taking the first exit, you should be in the left lane, and if taking the third exit, the right lane is appropriate.
    The signage before the roundabout shows that the exit is after the 12 o'clock position - this implies that this isn't "straight-on", so perhaps when taking the second exit, the right lane should be favoured, but that's all, probably because at times, the left lane backs up from congestion.
    Martin - you indicated perhaps half a second early - you hadn't passed the previous exit before indicating, but that won't be reason for the outburst.
    The White van driver was clearly out of order for his behaviour. If you had hung back just a few metres there wouldn't have been this incident, but that is easy to say in hindsight - I'm sure that you weren't "trying to prove" something.
    Just glad no-one and no NSX got hurt.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Also, the thread title is a bit harsh - it implies that the Yellow NSX (driver) has committed road rage, which is clearly incorrect!
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

I had thought on seeing the video that the white van driver had got out to apologise for cutting up the NSX, but it seems not. No markings on the entry and no markings on the road around the roundabout so I would say either lane is OK but would probably favour the right hand lane. No need for that behaviour, not as if the NSX went screaming around the outside to push in, white van man could have easily have pulled in behind the NSX and then blasted past him once on the road.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    If you had hung back just a few metres there wouldn't have been this incident, but that is easy to say in hindsight...
    Believe me, I've already had that thought...

Interesting comments on the "favour the right lane" - agreed it's off-cruciform but I automatically kept left...that seems like the mistake...anyone else's thoughts there? Here's the map of the junction in question, heading northbound.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...4!4d-1.8815369
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast