Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual NA1 wanted

1. Default Manual NA1 wanted

Hello all,

Before I start looking to import one from Japan, if anyone is looking to sell or knows of a suitable car then please PM me.

Cheers.

Hi & welcome.

Plans in Surrey have one for sale that might be a good place to start your search:

http://www.nsxuk.com/#/1991-manual-coupe-formula-red/

Just had a look at what is available on the big Japanese car sales sites - asking prices range from GBP 27,500 for a 1990, to well more than double that for a low mileage '91. Most are 1991 models - manual cars made 1992-96 are very few and far between at the moment.

Sorry can't help more than this.

Good luck with the search.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Nope, I've had a look round and there are definitely none for sale anywhere in the UK so you'll have to import one. For sure.

Expect several at Plans. Or the ones in the For Sale section. Or on eBay where there are about 10. Or Autotrader. Or Pistonheads.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

I'm assuming that Talat has looked in the usual places, and not found anything that appeals. NSX in Japan cost as much as they do in the UK, if not more - that's all I was trying to point out.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

5. Default

Does it have to be a manual? The autos are still very good you know.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    I'm assuming that Talat has looked in the usual places, and not found anything that appeals. NSX in Japan cost as much as they do in the UK, if not more - that's all I was trying to point out.
    Very much this. I'm tempted by the Plans car but I'm wary of the mileage - it could be an issue should I wish to move the car on in a couple of years. The only other manual cars seem to be fairly low mileage / collector type cars which won't tie in with my usage. I'd be looking to do suspension mods and putting the car on a diet and using it for track days. I should really have bought the Silver Type R spec car that Plans where selling early last year (I think) but I went and bought a GT3 instead (which I have now sold). The car I'm looking to buy will effectively replace the GT3.

I wouldn't worry about mileage at all.
    I still track day my car and it's now approaching 150,000 miles on the clock.
    Buy one, mod it, enjoy it, keep it or sell it and just move on. You won't regret it.
    They are very strong mechanically and I should know after 18 years of ownership.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Talat View Post
    Very much this. I'm tempted by the Plans car but I'm wary of the mileage - it could be an issue should I wish to move the car on in a couple of years. The only other manual cars seem to be fairly low mileage / collector type cars which won't tie in with my usage. I'd be looking to do suspension mods and putting the car on a diet and using it for track days. I should really have bought the Silver Type R spec car that Plans where selling early last year (I think) but I went and bought a GT3 instead (which I have now sold). The car I'm looking to buy will effectively replace the GT3.
    Try PM'ing Dr. Mikey. He was going to be selling a silver manual in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by Talat View Post
    Don't worry too much about the bit in bold - as you're going to take your car on track so seriously, it will still be harder to sell on. As long as you don't bend it, you'll be fine.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    Nope, I've had a look round and there are definitely none for sale anywhere in the UK so you'll have to import one. For sure.

Expect several at Plans. Or the ones in the For Sale section. Or on eBay where there are about 10. Or Autotrader. Or Pistonheads.
    I think the chap was politely asking us on the forum if we know of a car for sale - a tried and trusted way of securing a non advertised piece of gold dust, not 'are there any NSX's for sale'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast