Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: frame repair at 3 NSX at one time

I admire your openness and honesty and your willingness to share this major repair build on the forum. I think it will be really interesting to watch the car as it returns to its former glory. Best of luck with the build. I imagine that there are some who have completed similar work but would never share that with anyone!!

I also hope the driver recovered fully from what looks like a major impact.

Keep up the good work supporting all things NSX.

Hear Hear! The net effect is that I might slow down a little having seen that wreckage.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

+1 on thanks for sharing the scary photos and resto work.

I'd only buy a repaired car where the repair has been photographically documented and uploaded for all to see and criticize. At least you know what you're buying and can adjust the price as necessary.

On that, can someone with more know-how than me, explain what we're looking at in the photos?

4. Default

recover pics of the Swedish car. The frame is finished. The headlight housing and the radiator support will get black later (like it is oem). Now I have to put all parts together and when it rolls again with freshly serviced engine, new clutch, etc...it goes back to the body-shop and get all new R-77 painting.

Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

5. Default

Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

6. Default

The black one is finished as well. Now both cars get the new ABS system, cause I will not reinstall the old one, it's too much out of time and known to get out of function any way. The black one will get same look with oem parts like the silver in the picture with ATR dry carbon hood and wing and real oem 2002+ side skirts. But first I will buy a sodium blaster to get the suspension parts etc as nice as new.

7. Default

8. Default

By end of last year, Chasie Nr. 3 was finished from the body work.

The red swedish Chassie is sold to Germany without engine, transmission and some other parts, cause the customer has a Honda Shop and some NSX spare parts in the shelfs. The customer will assemble it himself and safe me lots of work and doing the paint job and him lots of money. So we both are lucky and he get an NSX for just 2/3 the market price (when the car is finished).

9. Default

Made some big steps in assembling the black NSX. Engine parts all cleaned and all o-rings, gaskets, bearings are new. Also new hone and piston rings. Of course all the filters, the timingbelt, water pump, LMA, etc. was changed. Look at the dirt inside the IM.... now it is shining like new!

Transmission and clutch only 27000km on the clock. The engine needs a break in, since it has zero km on it.

This car got some 1997 headers, cats and exhaust.

Here you see all the parts installed and it got also new ABS Tomorrow I will doing the 2nd start up and drive a few 100 meters until I begin with some more assembling work like installing AC condensers, trunk wire harness installation, disassembling right crashed door.....

10. Default

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12