Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frame repair at 3 NSX at one time

1. Default frame repair at 3 NSX at one time

#1 black NSX from Austria. Damaged all around. Trunk aluminium damage and front light housing incl frame out of center.

#2 red NSX from Sweden. Bented front frames and a light rear hit.

#3 red NSX from Austria. Bented front frames, the most frame damage of all 3.

Lots of used and some new spare parts are needed incl a donor car where we cutted the good front frame off to use it on #3 . This pics today are just showing the rough work made to the chassies and see how the frames are off from factory settings. The fine work to get the frontlight mould in correct shape, bringing back a nice tail to the black NSX and all the other little stuff like perfect weldspots, paint job, etc... I will show you in some next postings.

Number 3 I bought back in 2008 and parted out the car, since repairing was not worth the money. The value of a nice NSX back in that time was just around 30000 Euro. Now in 2016 this prices has doubled and repairing that chassie is now right in time.

Each buyer of those cars will get the pics and a well documented story about how things were made.

Enjoy the pics, I think only a very few to non people here have ever seen such a work on our old NA1/NA2 cars. Thanks to the Chassie/Bodyshop who does the work to that cars. I know most are afraid when such huge frame work has to be done to an aluminium chassie.

Last edited by austrian type-r; 08-09-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

2. Default

# 3 the worst frame hit. Thats how the pivot is attached to the frame! Another pics shows the fixing points from the suspension. Reminds me on that Terminator hand skeleton in the first movie. :p
    Last edited by austrian type-r; 08-09-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

3. Default

4. Default

5. Default

As far as I like the way of your approach and effort I'd never buy a formerly crashed car. Yes, the prices have gone up and now it makes sense economically to repair them. We would be glad if you published the VIN of the cars. Chances are high that it will be 'crashfree' in a few years when it has left your facility long ago. I'd better see them retired.

BTW on the markets are quite a lot of NSX with F-like milage after 25 years.

Don't get me wrong on this as I think you're an honest guy.

7. Default

i fully understand your thoughts. Too bad we have not that carfax thing the USA have where its reported if its accident free or not. In that case we as the nsx crowed who loves the cars so much, has to share some infos if someone buys an nsx and is asking forum members about infos.

I think a well repaired nsx is for many people no reason not to buy it. A collectors car is something with low milage, all stock and hopefully w/o accident, but for the pure driving and making something nice out of it.....why not with an repaired title. Nice and clean nsx with full service history are that hard to find for a good price and then you have still to take out the engine for LMAs, check clutch, etc. I give a **** when the seller or dealer telling me tb was done. Often the wp is not and when talking about LMAs they dont understand what you tell them.

I try to say that the black and the swedish nsx which get recovered are more than full serviced when i sell them, have a new oem paint, new tires, ned painted rims, all things overhauld what you can thin of, etc.

Ok. Please let me know what speaks against publishing the VIN of these cars? The US guys do publish them too.

It's ok if the cars are repaired professionally and fully serviced. They will find their buyers if the price is right. But the ones looking for unrepaired cars like to know the full history. For them they are no-go. A lack of maintainance can be eliminated on any car, a crash in the past not. That's not the same thing anymore.

But you know I've heard some horror stories like the one with 215k km leaving Switzerland around 2006 and one of the following two or three owners 'modified' the tach to sub 100k.
    Last edited by goldnsx; 06-07-2016 at 10:01 AM.

9. Default

I think publishing private information of any time on the internet is madness. VIN number included.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    But you know I've heard some horror stories like the one with 215k km leaving Switzerland around 2006 and one of the following two or three owners 'modified' the tach to sub 100k.
    haha, that one was imported by me and I sold the car do a Doctor. The Doctor sold it to a guy in Vienna who is now in prison for adjusting the odometer. The storys short: When the actual owner contacted me, cause in the car papers my name was there, I helped him to add things up and I was then at the court as a witness. Cause some things were realy off from my story and some other stuff did not add 100% correctly, the Vienna guy got a punishment and some month he has to sit in the prison.

When I advertise the cars, I will provide the VIN number. I have no problem with sharing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast