Thread: frame repair at 3 NSX at one time

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default frame repair at 3 NSX at one time

#1 black NSX from Austria. Damaged all around. Trunk aluminium damage and front light housing incl frame out of center.

#2 red NSX from Sweden. Bented front frames and a light rear hit.

#3 red NSX from Austria. Bented front frames, the most frame damage of all 3.

Lots of used and some new spare parts are needed incl a donor car where we cutted the good front frame off to use it on #3 . This pics today are just showing the rough work made to the chassies and see how the frames are off from factory settings. The fine work to get the frontlight mould in correct shape, bringing back a nice tail to the black NSX and all the other little stuff like perfect weldspots, paint job, etc... I will show you in some next postings.

Number 3 I bought back in 2008 and parted out the car, since repairing was not worth the money. The value of a nice NSX back in that time was just around 30000 Euro. Now in 2016 this prices has doubled and repairing that chassie is now right in time.

Each buyer of those cars will get the pics and a well documented story about how things were made.

Enjoy the pics, I think only a very few to non people here have ever seen such a work on our old NA1/NA2 cars. Thanks to the Chassie/Bodyshop who does the work to that cars. I know most are afraid when such huge frame work has to be done to an aluminium chassie.

Last edited by austrian type-r; 08-09-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032