Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: can't believe it hasn't been mentioned ......

Rumour is that it's Monkey at Sonoma.

I shall watch it, of course.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    It's Harris testing it.. A grey one I believe?
    It actually looks more white than grey and it's right hand drive, (so much for being told at FOS that there's only one RHD made so far)

I just hope the stig is allowed to wring its neck out on a dry track instead of some bull***t about it being too valuable or "it's not the finished model" because we still have yet to see its true worth against other marques or actual road tested performance figures so this should be good.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-...ew-honda-nsx#1

And just to make it more interesting and very spicy the 911R is also tested on the show, this is said to be the greatest 911 ever made so it will be inevitably tested around the track.

Roll on the great showdown come Sunday evening.
    Last edited by Pride; 30-06-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

You found someone at the FOS who knew something!!

i know of a few RHD drive cars, that's why I was pissed of at Taplow when they couldn't be bothered to bring one along , I mean we're only parting with 150-170k after all.

all the cars in Japan are RHD except for the one shown at the Tokyo motor show.

both cars at Goodwood were pre pro, hence the #0000 on the engine cover albeit the Nouvelle Blue one will be the HUK press car I guess.

the red and the white cars being shown on TopGear are both French registered, if like me you peeled away the NSX plate at Goodwood.

anyone get to sit / start one up at the FOS?

Quote Originally Posted by HPGeezer View Post
    anyone get to sit / start one up at the FOS?
    You are joking of course, HUK treat these cars as if they are the most precious cars on the planet let alone at the FOS show.

I managed to sit in the Vulcan and one of the FXX cars in the Supercar paddock but asking to sit in the NSX I was told very abruptly "do you realise how rare this car is???"

Yet in contrast at Spa last month the German Honda employee in charge of a white one not only allowed me to sit in it but also start it up, rev it up and play and fiddle with all the controls while it was running.👍

HUK I'm sure are totally unaware of the PR damage they've created over the last 2 or 3 years to the public at this event.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    HUK do not care about the PR damage they've created over the last 2 or 3 years to the public at this event.
    Edited for accuracy. I'm not sure HUK have ANY petrolheads left working for them...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

6. Default

Luckily they let me sit in the red one, play with everything (download the owners manual online ��) start it up, change modes, Rev it up a few times, move it forward nd back a couple of feet.

as a friend who worked at HUK said "it's not what you know it's who you blow" and as 90% of the senior staff there now appear to be "merchant bankers" it's not surprising we have an impending f.up looming.

there are a few petrolheads there still but alas I dare say their inputs into the NSX project will be none

you only have to look at the **** brochure produced complete with wrong information, misleading photographs, bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

oh I look forward so so much to spending my £165k

well he liked it ... but then made a swipe at our cars
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Just watched it, and what can I say...... Is that it?? Not a fan of this version of Top Gear anyhoo, but that was a bit boring.

I thought they would have a little more of the old car beside it etc. As much as the new car will be fantastic (and I have no doubts about that , it will be) it just isn't firing my rockets at all. for 130K, I'd spend my money elsewhere.

Guess I'll be keeping my old one a while yet.

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

What a fantastic rTop Gear review and for a change on a dry track to fully exploit its potential just a shame the carrot top presenter said it was like a sail boat floating round the corners.

Best of all though it was quicker than the 458  and as quick as a Koenigsegg, now that really is impressive 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	12644

3 cheers for the new NSX 
    Last edited by Senninha; 03-07-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    well he liked it ... but then made a swipe at our cars
    I must have missed that...what did he say?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast