Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: can't believe it hasn't been mentioned ......

when le blanc asked about it after the main vid ... said he never was never fussed on drive of original

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    I must have missed that...what did he say?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by oneillg1201 View Post
    I must have missed that...what did he say?
    He was never a great fan of the NA1 but loved this new recarnation.

Each there own I suppose.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

And I also spotted that it was the 2nd fastest road car ever tested and only 1 tenth behind the AMG.

Hope the new 911R will be slower as that really will make my evening.

Only Iceland beating France would be better.
    Last edited by Pride; 03-07-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

4. Default

Was my car on Top Gear, on the day they all said they loved it! Also, Chris went onto say its snappy when it goes, they were shocked by my mileage and condition! Shows how edited the show is
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Sorry to burst your bubble Clive, it was >2s behind the R8 Plus and the Huracan (and the 12C - you could see the top of the list about 10-15s earlier in the show)...just goes to show you can't fully disguise weight on a track, I guess.

Monkey has always preferred 'expressive' cars, and the NA1/2 has never been a natural oversteerer. Still respect his opinion...he's one of the best journos in the country and probably THE best driver/journo combination...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

There is just no pleasing some people ... So what if Chris doesn't particularly like the NA1 or 2 ... He isn't testing it! His job was to test the new NSX ... And importantly he was allowed to play ... Full throttle launch, jumping over curbs and drifting at full speed to show how good it is if you have the car craft to exploit it ....

and for those who weren't listening ...

"calibrated by people who care about driving"

"it's dripping with character, there's nothing else quite like it"

"it's really special"

and the slam dunk sales message that Honda must have been praying for and Chris delivered ....

"don't think of the NSX as an expensive Honda, think of it as a cut price Porsche 918"

" it's a machine that's greater than the sum of its parts" .... Now isn't that what the journo's said about our cars back in the day?

Well done Honda, good luck to all on the waiting list, enjoy the new NSX
    Last edited by Senninha; 03-07-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    and the slam dunk sales message the Honda must have been praying for and Chris delivered ....

"don't think of the NSX as an expensive Honda, think of it as a cut price Porsche 918"
    If that was aimed at me wasn't slating his review - it was very clear he liked the NC1, and his comment about the 918 echoes the hopes I put on the Ted Klaus thread on PH.

(I was just toning down Clive's enthusiasm about the lap...)

PS - am I the only one who thought tonight's episode was actually rather good and overall up to the standards of the old crew? Even Chris Evans was less Chris Evans'y than usual...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Episode was good bar the stupid boring star segment which I have not watched in years and the last 10 mins were cringe worthy

not a big fan of Harris ... His delivery is monotone at best and his reviews are very samey

as for the new NSX so glad it's living up to be a good car; the segment made me miss even more why I was drawn to the H badge ... I really wish they can push on from here and be a great car maker again ... Without the need of HUk
    Last edited by nobby; 03-07-2016 at 09:30 PM.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

(I was just toning down Clive's enthusiasm about the lap...)

PS - am I the only one who thought tonight's episode was actually rather good and overall up to the standards of the old crew? Even Chris Evans was less Chris Evans'y than usual...
    As you can tell Martin I thought it was a great feature for the car with a lot of positives and the reason Chris wasn't so Evans'y is because that's probably his last show (thank god) if you believe all the media.

Le blanc was superb yet again and even put total sense back into the program when talking about the 911R when explaining its not all about super fast electronics that makes a car enjoyable to drive.
    Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Le blanc put total sense back into the program when talking about the 911R when explaining its not all about super fast electronics that makes a car enjoyable to drive.
    having spent the weekend driving the NSX I did appreciate Matt's comments ... Which compliments my strap line
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast