Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jaffaz32's Boosted Stroker Build

1. Default

When increasing power you put more strain on other parts of the car which also need to be upgraded, when guys talk about breaking drive shafts 9/10 they mean the knuckle (join) breaks up. Inside there knuckle you have this tripod looking thing with bearings and it's normally the bearings that go. I think it's very unlikely to actually snap a shaft.

This just doesn't apply to increased power, it's also the intended use, if you track or drag race your car you may also break a rear axle.

These are aftermarket shafts which should handle just about as much power you can throw at them.

This kit does no include the tiny intermediate shaft, it is not as common to break one of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11137834_806967522732763_1342250389_n.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	12709

Next upgrade would be the gearbox itself, it is rumored that the 5 speed is stronger than the 6 speed because they have thicker gears but they still have their limitations. This is a very pricey upgrade though. I doubt i will replace the box, i will most likely upgrade the gears with an aftermarket solution and get them Cryo treated which is a process that involves freezing components to -200c.
    Last edited by jaffaz32; 11-10-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Which screen did you use in the navpod?

Great update info jaffaz32
    I notice that you also have gauges running down your A pillar, presumably the GaugeART solution will do away with the need for these and you can refit the origanol trim panel or are putting other gauges in these too???

Name:	IMG_7112.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	12710

And are you going to alcantara the dashboard to prevent that annoying reflection???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by exiges1 View Post
    Which screen did you use in the navpod?
    Science of speed, they offer a screen as an kit for the Nav Pod. I also recommend the metal bracket to keep it in place.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Great update info jaffaz32
    I notice that you also have gauges running down your A pillar, presumably the GaugeART solution will do away with the need for these and you can refit the origanol trim panel or are putting other gauges in these too???

Name:	IMG_7112.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	12710

And are you going to alcantara the dashboard to prevent that annoying reflection???

The screen is great but it's not as bright or visible as a gauge. Although you have the ability to add any information from the ecu you like you are limited to the size of the screen, you just can't fit it all on.

I also have a secondary sensor hooked up just for the AFR (Uego) Gauge in case i get a faulty sensor.

The gauges were installed before i had the Gauge Art, perhaps i don't need as many now.

I don't find the reflection off the dash that bad, mainly only on a damp road but i don't tend to drive it intentionally in the wet. Although i do think the flocked dash with red stitching like an R looks awesome, perhaps something for the future.

6. Default

Brian Crower forged connecting rods. Not many guys upgrade the rods as the factory ones are titanium. Rods only tend to be upgraded for power levels over 550bhp.

Name:	13694558_1032123493549461_90777386_n.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	12711

ARP bolts installed in to the connecting rods.

Name:	13739524_1150191305038828_608420699_n.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	12712

The factory Pistons will take you to roughly 430bhp anything more than that it is advised to upgrade them. for two reasons, firstly to go forged and secondly to lower the compression.

The lower the compression the more power you can run safely, however... there is a catch. when lowing the compression the engine will become more lazy (sluggish) off boost. So you only drop as much as you need to, too much and off boost it will will be sluggish and not enough you risk damaging your motor. So when building the spec list you need to know first the power you may want to achieve to spec the compression accordingly.

If you look at the compression of other turbo cars in the Nsx you run a lot higher compression.

These are 9.2:1 CP forged pistons. This is a very average compression for a forced induction Nsx, some will go lower and some higher.

Name:	13721116_1075571179203631_150878446_n.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	12713

Quote Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post
    Science of speed, they offer a screen as an kit for the Nav Pod. I also recommend the metal bracket to keep it in place.
    Thanks, I thought it would be, I should have ordered one last year before the ex rate drop!

Quote Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post
    When increasing power you put more strain on other parts of the car which also need to be upgraded, when guys talk about breaking drive shafts 9/10 they mean the knuckle (join) breaks up. Inside there knuckle you have this tripod looking thing with bearings and it's normally the bearings that go. I think it's very unlikely to actually snap a shaft.

This just doesn't apply to increased power, it's also the intended use, if you track or drag race your car you may also break a rear axle.

These are aftermarket shafts which should handle just about as much power you can throw at them.

This kit does no include the tiny intermediate shaft, it is not as common to break one of them.

Name:	11137834_806967522732763_1342250389_n.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	12709

Next upgrade would be the gearbox itself, it is rumored that the 5 speed is stronger than the 6 speed because they have thicker gears but they still have their limitations. This is a very pricey upgrade though. I doubt i will replace the box, i will most likely upgrade the gears with an aftermarket solution and get them Cryo treated which is a process that involves freezing components to -200c.
    Hi,

Which drive shafts are these? I need to refurb mine but would ideally like to get a set to swap straight over.

I was looking at the Insane shafts which i'm guessing these are, but found mixed reports and wondered wether you have found any play in the joints?

Olly

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by exiges1 View Post
    Thanks, I thought it would be, I should have ordered one last year before the ex rate drop!
    Yeah i know... Few more parts i need and the rate has really pushed the prices up.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lotusolly View Post
    Hi,

Which drive shafts are these? I need to refurb mine but would ideally like to get a set to swap straight over.

I was looking at the Insane shafts which i'm guessing these are, but found mixed reports and wondered wether you have found any play in the joints?

Olly

They are, they fit well and they feel great but that being said my axles didn't go over night, got worse and worse so anything would feel good in comparison.

They are well made.

I do have a couple of oem rebuild kits laying about if you want to rebuild yours. They won't fix a worn axle though, just refresh it. That being said if yours is only just starting to go, splitting it, cleaning and repacking with fresh grease may just be enough for now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast