Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozmondo's Route KS Zero Force

Default Ozmondo's Route KS Zero Force

Hi Guys,

Been meaning to do this for a while so here goes,

I joined this site in 2012 as I had always wanted to research into the NSX even though at the time I had no hope of affording one, so, after many years of dreaming, 2015 would be my year! I had the fortunate opportunity to come into the market to buy an NSX, I already knew one thing.. before I even started to search any classified adverts of NSX's for sale - that I was going to modify it and from my previous history of Japanese motors I could never keep anything standard for long! So I needed something crazy to start with and build on that to make it as close as I can to be a crazy racing machine like the Espirt NSX

So here it was - on sale on behalf of a customer of HJA (Harlow *** Autos) I found the NSX that would carry me into the world of NSX ownership.

Original advert - http://www.harlow-***-autos.co.uk/HJA052.html

I realise the wide body kit is marmite, some love, others hate it.. I bought this NSX with only one purpose: to enjoy it to it's maximum potential, meaning I would get this out on track and discover what made the NSX truly special

On collection I took a few photos of how I bought it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJA5.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	12638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJA3.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	12636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJA4.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	12637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJA2.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	12635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJA1.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	12634

After a amazing adrenaline fuelled drive back, I get the car safely back into Somerset I did my first change... Removing the Blitz BOV from the airbox.. (I know, wtf?!)

You've got the monster wide body kit and the biggest Brembo upgrade package, next stage will be a blown big stroker engine build knowing you. 😳😎
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

So after the first drive I did not get the feeling I was in an amazing handling supercar, infact it felt terrible, this was down to the steering wheel for a start - feeling very cheap and tacky, I looked into what would be the best "drivers" steering and it was decided I would go for the MOMO tuner as this is basically as close to the NSX-R wheel as possible. Also coupled with a D1 spec quick release to make climbing in and out so much easier!

Before:

After:

Next was the brakes, under mediocre to moderate braking the feedback I got was just as terrible...I put this down to the wheels not being wide enough for the body and the previous owner had a 30mm spacer IIRC on the front? I also felt that the XYZ kit was not up to the standard I wanted it to be for myself. In fact I wanted the very best, immediately I looked at BBKs and working in the automotive trade I decided to order a complete set of Brembo Gran Turismos! (These took 5 months to arrive! ��)

Last edited by Ozmondo; 27-02-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Pictures added

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmondo View Post
    So after the first drive I did not get the feeling I was in an amazing handling supercar, infact it felt terrible, this was down to the steering wheel for a start - very cheap and plastic feeling, I looked into what would be the best "drivers" steering and it was decided I would go for the MOMO tuner as apparently this is basically as close to the NSX-R wheel as possible.

Next under mediocre braking the feedback I got was Just as terrible. this was due to the wheels not being wide enough for the body and the previous owner had a 30mm spacer IIRC on the front? I also felt that the XYZ kit was not up to the standard I wanted it to be for myself. In fact I wanted the very best, immediately I looked at BBKs and working in the automotive trade I decided to order a complete set of Brembo Gran Turismos! (These took 5 months to arrive &#128584
    Does that mean we can go even faster around Spa this year???? 😎🏁
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Question from a an amateur owner. How does a body kit influence the NSX's handling. Will it bare any resemblance to the original handling? Are we looking at Type R performance or beefed up standard NA1. Is it still an NSX?
    BTW I love the look of the car. Very cool. Enjoy the project.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Quote Originally Posted by marknsx View Post
    Question from a an amateur owner. How does a body kit influence the NSX's handling. Will it bare any resemblance to the original handling? Are we looking at Type R performance or beefed up standard NA1. Is it still an NSX?
    BTW I love the look of the car. Very cool. Enjoy the project.
    My comment with regards to the handling is just a general reference to how good the NSX should be regardless of standard body or wide.

However generally the nature of a wide body kit is to fit wider wheels, wider wheels means wider tyres, the more tyre contact you have with the road the more grip available, However this has an affect on the aerodynamics as you have more car against the air means there is more drag. So in theory you wouldn't be as fast in a straight line but higher capabilities on the bends, I should think that along with the other modifications that have been done it will be NSX-R performance or better. That is the aim anyway - To improve it in everyway possible.

Thanks for the kind comment sir!

Cant wait to see the results.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    You've got the monster wide body kit and the biggest Brembo upgrade package, next stage will be a blown big stroker engine build knowing you. 
    Never say never

how you put fender liners back? as fenders wider so oem ones not fit anymore?

Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast