Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rather unusual photo request: titanium key!

1. Default Rather unusual photo request: titanium key!

Good afternoon folks, I have a rather random enquiry! A magazine I work with are looking for a shot (or shots) of a titanium NSX key - sadly my car didn't come with that key (they were Type R, weren't they?), but if any of you folks have one and are local to me I'd be extremely grateful if I could come and photograph it! Alternatively, they might very well accept a picture you take, I would just be the party to hook you up. Please feel free to email me steve@stevehallphotography.net if you can help or advise.

cheers,
    Steve

Not specific to Type-R AFAIK.

I'm guessing you need a high res photo? None of these do? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=go...w=1680&bih=904

3. Default

Yeah needs to be hi res, and as it's for use in a high quality publication, lifting from google not a solution. Luckily one of the good folks from here has contacted me and I'm most likely shooting his key tonight so the mag will have their images first thing tomorrow!

Blog Entries

Not sure for the market outside Japan but Monel (not titanium) NSX key was the standard Main key for all NSX models until the coded key was introduced.

I still use the original Monel key every day that came with my NSX 22 years ago so the colour has changed (more like shiny gold these days) and I have a blank Monel one but the parts bag is not even opened so glad someone else has offered the support.
    As a side note, depending on the country spec of the key, please photoshop the key code or even the actual key cut for security reasons.

Kaz

5. Default

That last point is a good shout Kaz, will bear it in mind.

cheers,
    Steve

6. Default

Here is is...

Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 08-06-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: For security reason, replaced the photo.

Blog Entries

For security reason, please do not post the image of one's IG key.
    Above photo has been edited although it's too late as it's been cached.
    There is a way to create copy of the key even without showing the registration document or even the existing key so please be careful.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Plans Performance View Post
    Here is is...

Great G5 Clifford alarm sytstem though Graham, all it needs now is the engine start option on the star button and timed headlamp opreration on the AUX button installed and that would give the owner the most fun with his big boy toy, the NSX.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    For security reason, please do not post the image of one's IG key.
    Above photo has been edited although it's too late as it's been cached.
    There is a way to create copy of the key even without showing the registration document or even the existing key so please be careful.

Kaz

Sorry Kaz but I'm still not sure how showing an image of the keys will breach security on the vehicle as no registration number or car ID is shown and there's a Cat 1 alarm fob intalled on the car to boot.🤔
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I'd suggest Kaz is right but I think it would be highly unlikely for someone to reproduce a key. If you can make one from a plasticine mould then you could make a "replica" key from copying the key ridges to make a mould. Then using a key blank produce a key. Especially easy to get accurate with a high quality picture. Of course you still need to know which car the key is for lol.. All sounds extreme and far-fetched I suppose but I'm sure there are professional car thieves that could use this info to help in their "work"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast