Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future NSX owner

1. Default Future NSX owner

Hi everyone,

Like many of you I've dreamt of owning an NSX for more than 15 years. I've had numerous older Hondas over the years as well as a few Type Rs and a host of other performance cars but the NSX has always been the holy grail. I only wish I could have afforded one when they were more reasonable a few years ago.

I'm hoping my budget will get me a clean well cared for early NA1 MT. I'm not fussy about colour or mileage to an extent, I'm more concerned about getting an honest example. I don't mind doing bits of remedial work myself if it's reflected in the price. I've seen everything being advertised on all the usual online portals and also seen Plan's current stock but nothing really jumps out at me.

If anyone has or knows of a car that might be for sale please get in touch.

Thanks

Mo

C2NSX was recently purchased and now for sale again
    its an early car with MT
    current owner on here

good luck with your search
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Pm me mo I have one for sale
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

4. Default

Thanks both. Mark PM sent

Not to be a bear but I would not rush to buy one now, sure they were probably too cheap before but they have had a fairly significant price rise, the market is showing a slow down and a bit of price correction will likely follow. But if you have the dosh and don't want to wait go for it and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Not to be a bear but I would not rush to buy one now, sure they were probably too cheap before but they have had a fairly significant price rise, the market is showing a slow down and a bit of price correction will likely follow. But if you have the dosh and don't want to wait go for it and have fun!
    I'm not convinced the NSX market suffered/enjoyed the same price exuberance in recent years as some of the other marques, and therefore believe the downside to be more limited. I was reading about Classic Trader Top 100 in Autocar yesterday - some cars are up >500% in the last six years (I would guess ours have gone up less than 50%)

http://justbritish.com/tracking-indi...lassic-trader/

It was possible to pick up a 964RS for around £30k in ~2003 (was going through an old EVO) - what are they now £200k?

7. Default

Interesting thoughts. I agree that most of what's on the market at the moment is priced very strongly and as others have pointed out on here before they seem to take a very long time to sell and at unknown prices. I've been looking daily for about 4-5 weeks and in that time pretty much everything that was listed when I started looking is still here. I'm not in a rush and agree that prices may soften soon so I'm going to keep looking until I find something genuine at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by moeman79 View Post
    Interesting thoughts. I agree that most of what's on the market at the moment is priced very strongly and as others have pointed out on here before they seem to take a very long time to sell and at unknown prices. I've been looking daily for about 4-5 weeks and in that time pretty much everything that was listed when I started looking is still here. I'm not in a rush and agree that prices may soften soon so I'm going to keep looking until I find something genuine at the right price.
    Having been in a similar situation to you last year all I can say is keep looking. I personally don't think the prices are unrealistic for a car which is incredibly rare in UK spec and is built to the standard it is. It isn't like buying a classic which is full of rust thanks to the aluminium construction. It really depends on what you want and if it's a UK car (which I did) then a lot of what's on offer can be immediately dismissed.

I had to pay more than I'd planned but whenever I open the garage door and look at it I'm still pleased I jumped in when I did. Last weekend when I was out in it I just sat there thinking this is amazing and the only regret I have is why I never did it earlier.

I look at the cars on sale and think it's been much worse than last year for choice.

The prices in the US seem to have risen a lot and as such I think most people accept they've been a bit of a bargain in the past.

Keep looking and good look.

Phil
    Last edited by philboo; 12-05-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Moeman
    Are you making offers on the cars that you like the look of?
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

NB. there is minimal differences to UK spec as referenced above to other variants available such as JDM
    Do not dismiss other cars on the back of this; the best advice is get the NSX that meets your criteria and budget and comes with a substantial service history and has been driven.

When I purchased mine over 6 years ago JDM or UK spec never entered my head and the main man behind my decision was Sudesh - it was the best car for the best price close to spec i wanted and what Sudesh recommended to me. it just so happened my car was JDM
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast