Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: me in the German Time Attack Masters 2016

1. Default me in the German Time Attack Masters 2016

Hello!

I am back from the first round of the GTAM at Nurburgring. The weather was cold and wet, but after 1am it dryed up and all the cars used Semislicks or full slicks.

When I did the free practice the track was wet and it was a bit tricky to get fast around. I tried a bit too fast and I got too much overstear and slided into the grass, lucky nothing broke, just come back into the pits with a dirty NSX.

Here is my build up thread
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...ype-R-quot-NSX

I won the Class Club 2WD and also can keep up with the big guys pretty well. I use Federal 595RS-R which is known for a good price-performance level (95 euro front and 125 euro rear tire per tire). I talked to a EVO 9 owner which used the Federal and the Dunlop Direzza and he told me the Direzza is about 3 seconds faster on a 1:40 minutes track. This session he used the all new Nankang Semislick AR-1, he thinks this tire is between the Federal and the Direzza. I was 2,5 Seconds faster than him in his 400hp Evo

I don't know exactly how much faster my car is this season, but a guy with his Nissan 350z from the PRO Class was last year 3 seconds faster than me at the Eurospeedway. This session I was 1 second faster then him. He did nothing on the car during winter time, when I asked him and he also use a better tire (Direzza). Compared the time difference to some other cars from last year there should be an approvement of a few seconds.

Mods I did from last year Time Attack to this Time Attack.
    - 40kg curb weight
    + 50hp to the flywheel
    wider tires 235 instead 215 front and 285 instead 255 rear.
    Last edited by austrian type-r; 04-05-2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: link
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

Well done on your win, it's great to read of a NSX that's being raced, a very rare sight in Europe I guess? I think there's only one NSX race car in the UK and I'm not sure that's competing at present.

If you record your races it would be good if you would post the video for us to enjoy.

Keep up the good work!

That sure sounds like a fantastic track weapon you've built.😎🏁 I love your build thread, very informative.👍
    Do you have any video footage from the recent track outing???

You now only need to get a set of Derreza's and you'll then know for sure how much you've improved, I bet the other competitors are now quaking in their racing boots 😂
    Good luck in the next event.🏆
    By the way are you taking it on the Spa tour in two weeks as it would be great to see it???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

4. Default

Thanks guys! I tried to post some pics, but for any reasons I can not link them, but on NSX prime in the TRACK-SECTION you can see some pics and time sheets. I can not go to the Euro NSX tour, cause I have a restaurant and can not stay off this weekend, too bad. My friend will come with his NSX and can report of our Time Attack session, cause he was with me.

I think the Direzza is not coming in a proper size to fit the NSX fronts, but the Nankang AR-1 looks even and what people are reporting it is a nice tire. Comes in 235/40/17 and 295/30/18 by end of the year.
    http://www.nankangtyre.co.uk/perform...otorsport/ar-1

thanks
    Last edited by austrian type-r; 04-05-2016 at 11:16 AM.
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

5. Default

Back from the 3rd round of the German Time Attack Masters in Assen at TT Circuit. What a fantastic Track, way cooler than Eurospeedway or Nürburgring GP Track. It was so hard with the weather conditions that day. We had like 10 times sun/rain/dry track/wet track/ 50% of the track wet/heavy rain/sun....... I can not imagine how to drive the car fast with the old ****ty ABS. The ABS upgrade makes the car easy to brake in rain. I won my class again, but it was the closest of all victorys, since HP is'nt that important when the track is wet and I realy did'nt want to hit my NSX into the wall.

some more pics of even more cool cars!
    https://www.facebook.com/MyTypeR/pho...46023768831458

6. Default

7. Default

Good man, well done you.👏👏👏👏👏

And of course it had to be a red and black one, they are after all the fastest NSX ever made!!!
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

so glorious in red and black.
    this is a 1991 car is it not? why the headlight conversion? love it but does it in anyway improve the weight/performance/
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Quote Originally Posted by marknsx View Post
    so glorious in red and black.
    It would also look pretty stunning in gold Mark.🚕👍😎
    Pride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast