Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A friend has wrote a book - launch event this Sunday

Default A friend has wrote a book - launch event this Sunday

Hi, I thought I'd post this up in case any members are interested. A friend, Michael Hipperson, has recently written a book about his car owning adventures over many years, he has been fortunate to own some wonderful cars.

More importantly, certainly to Michael, is that for the last 12 years he has been tirelessly raising money, over £260,000 to date, for Little Havens - a children's hospice here in Essex. The book is Michael's latest fund raiser and all profits will go to Little Havens.

The book website is below - have a look and if you feel inclined give a few pounds to the hospice and enjoy a good read as a bonus!

http://letthemstare.co.uk

For local (and maybe not so local) NSXCB forum users/members the book 'launch' is this Sunday from midday at The Bull, Blackmore End, Braintree CM74DD. There will be some lovely cars in attendance (including my NSX!) although my eyes will be on the Miura SV.

If you're coming along the pub is serving a buffet but best to book rather than chance it on the day, there will of course be drinks etc available. Hope to see some of you there!

Tony.

Done!

Thinking of doing the same but would be a mixture of different experience including my coma events.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

You should, could be therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by exiges1 View Post
    Hi, I thought I'd post this up in case any members are interested. A friend, Michael Hipperson, has recently written a book about his car owning adventures over many years, he has been fortunate to own some wonderful cars.

More importantly, certainly to Michael, is that for the last 12 years he has been tirelessly raising money, over £260,000 to date, for Little Havens - a children's hospice here in Essex. The book is Michael's latest fund raiser and all profits will go to Little Havens.

The book website is below - have a look and if you feel inclined give a few pounds to the hospice and enjoy a good read as a bonus!

http://letthemstare.co.uk

For local (and maybe not so local) NSXCB forum users/members the book 'launch' is this Sunday from midday at The Bull, Blackmore End, Braintree CM74DD. There will be some lovely cars in attendance (including my NSX!) although my eyes will be on the Miura SV.

If you're coming along the pub is serving a buffet but best to book rather than chance it on the day, there will of course be drinks etc available. Hope to see some of you there!

Tony.
    Hi Tony it looks a great read so just ordered mine in fact.

I also took the liberty of informing my regular classic car club, "Sadcase" (Storrington And District Classic And Sportscar Enthusiasts) who will send out your above text via an email to over 1,000 club members, so hopefully that will make a big dent in Michael Hippersons book stocks as they're all Classic car crazy.

Strictly for charity of course.

Clive
    Last edited by Pride; 19-04-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Thanks Clive, that's good of you to circulate it wider, and to buy his book. I've been to many events (for me 11 years now) that Michael has arranged. He has also recently recovered from cancer but still carries on with his fundraising. He's one of those unsung hero's, I really admire him, I couldn't do it.

I'm looking forward to a good read. Hard to beat paper back books.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Ordered, can't wait!
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Tony
    On another matter have you ever owned or driven the Lotus 2-eleven?
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

No as I've never wanted a purely track car, there are enough compromises in the Lotus Elise and Exige but I'd want the comfort a roof minimum!

Never read a bad report or experience by those who do own and race them though, and there's plenty that are raced. The new 3-11 will be a big step up in performance and of course price.

My book has arrived. Great addition to my growing Library on F1 drivers, Honda and great cars. Well done exiges1 !!
    Honda NSX NA2 1999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast