Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spark plugs

Default Spark plugs

Pfr6g11 or pfr6l11 for a 2001 nsx?

Anyone know the difference between these plugs?

Some sites recommend pfr6g11 for 3.2 engine others pfr6l11

cheers

See below!
    Last edited by gcon45; 11-04-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries

It should be specified inside your Owner's Manual or it could be even written on the caution label at the air box cover.

Each market had different timing for the introduction of MDU (Misfire Detection Unit) and also the upgrade to the misfire detection algorithm.
    On top of this, the definition of year model differs from one market to the other.

For UK model, if you have MDU inside the eng bay, please use 6L-11.
    This was introduced around 00 model for the UK market and you should have OBD-2 port under the passenger side glove box.

Honda did use heat rating #7 for a very short period (probably just 1 year) but put it back to #6 later so please use #6 unless there is a requirement to change the heat rating such as heavy engine modification.

The difference between 6G-11 and 6L-11 in the 4th photo;
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1192-Eng-Refresh-01

For this type of model no. within the NGK spark plug range, the character after the heat rating such as A, B, C,…G,…L,… are related to the design spec and has no other meanings.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 11-04-2016 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Extra info

That's interesting Kaz.

My 2002 3.2 states PFR6G-11 on the airbox (along with the Denso equivalent).
    The NGK catalogue also lists the same plug right through from 91-05:

It might be worthwhile for me to contact our local NGK area manager and suggest a catalogue revision for cars with full obd2 lev spec.
    Last edited by gcon45; 11-04-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Blog Entries

As mentioned, it’s for the UK model.
    In Japan, it stayed with design spec G throughout the production years with different heat range for a very limited period.
    In US, addition to G and L, they even had N for a few years.

According to the UK parts system, looks like the label on the air box was never changed even when the spark plug went from G to L spec but it did change the spark plug parts no.
    You need to be bit careful with the parts system and any catalogues from worldwide known company like NGK. There are so many different configurations depending on the world market area.
    And on top of this, the information could be wrong from time to time so I trust what I checked by myself.
    There are many mistakes on the parts system and even on the Workshop manual and some of them were corrected through TS news (like TSB) that is not available to the public.
    The NGK catalogue you have is probably the generic one. Not sure whether they have ever created one for UK market with specific info from the manufacture.
    I had to ask NGK Japan directly about the difference (between G and L) as it was not used on JDM NSX and information was not available through their customer support.

Kaz

Thank you!

Good info again Kaz.

Interestingly enough I contacted NGK UK just now as we have a wholesale account with them and the PFR6L-11 plug isn't available through them.
    When they put the number into their system it comes up as being obsolete and supersedes to PFR6G-11.

The plug must only be available through Honda or from NGK Japan (or Amazon!).

Last edited by gcon45; 11-04-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Blog Entries

For your information, it’s still available in Japan as I just received them together with the front lip spoiler today.

Kaz

Nice!!!

Spreading the love - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112006876725

Bargain much cheapness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast