Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio and speakers issue

1. Default Radio and speakers issue

Hi guys,

my radio UK one will play radio channels for like a minute and then just go to static, switch it off and leave it switch it back on again and the same happens after a minute.

As well as this my door speakers don't play any sound just the one under the passenger footwell and the middle. The door ones just crackle now and again.

Door speakers have their own built in amplifiers and on Kaz's blog there's plenty of info on the head unit, sounds like a full service overhaul needed on the system once it's all removed, again Kaz is the man.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

Thanks pride

Quote Originally Posted by C2NSX View Post
    Hi guys,

my radio UK one will play radio channels for like a minute and then just go to static, switch it off and leave it switch it back on again and the same happens after a minute.

As well as this my door speakers don't play any sound just the one under the passenger footwell and the middle. The door ones just crackle now and again.
    Hi Josh,

Did you buy the car knowing of these faults? If not is the garage that sold it to you not the first port of call?

5. Default

Yer was priced in to the sale price with a few of the issues. So not an issue paying to get stuff done just knowing who to use and what it needs.

if you like music and enjoy decent sounds in your car my advice is to put aftermarket kit in. the bose was probably an ok system over 20 years ago ... not now!
    the difference is night and day on a decent upgrade without going mental and spending k's!
    i put decent amp, speakers and small sub in by JL Audio in and totally transformed the system

obviously if not big into sounds you may prefer to send your amps etc to Kaz for fixing ... or you may want that OEM feel with the nice cassette deck to look at
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

7. Default

Something i had thought about but whats involved is all wiring the same and just need a harness for the new radio what about the facia around the stereo? Could be something i do get the standard fixed up and then when i sell put it back in. As after further checking the cd changer doesnt work as well now so all i can listen to is static or muffled sound of someone who sounds like they are reading the bible haha

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    if you like music and enjoy decent sounds in your car my advice is to put aftermarket kit in. the bose was probably an ok system over 20 years ago ... not now!
    the difference is night and day on a decent upgrade without going mental and spending k's!
    i put decent amp, speakers and small sub in by JL Audio in and totally transformed the system

obviously if not big into sounds you may prefer to send your amps etc to Kaz for fixing ... or you may want that OEM feel with the nice cassette deck to look at
    That would be the best way to go IMHO, or stereo delete like the NSX-R!

The OEM equipment looks good for the dash and period, but has very few features for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by C2NSX View Post
    Something i had thought about but whats involved is all wiring the same and just need a harness for the new radio what about the facia around the stereo? Could be something i do get the standard fixed up and then when i sell put it back in. As after further checking the cd changer doesnt work as well now so all i can listen to is static or muffled sound of someone who sounds like they are reading the bible haha
    Excellent, now I've got a couple of thousand shop bought pre recorded cassettes if you would like to make me an offer Josh, I'll even throw in a few hundred led's to modernise and brighten up your ride.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Excellent, now I've got a couple of thousand shop bought pre recorded cassettes if you would like to make me an offer Josh, I'll even throw in a few hundred led's to modernise and brighten up your ride.
    haha unfortunately i only have a cd wallet to store music in. But what are these leds? Wouldnt mind brighting it up all over

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast