Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice car on market

Default Nice car on market

I just noticed a lovely 3.2 at ClassicHeroes, a dealer in Sussex. 9k miles, manual. £85k seems pretty reasonable to me. I'd buy if I had garage space...

This is car or a new 911 (basic car - that will depreciate to £40k in three years)?

No brainer...
    2004 Red Coupe

Saw it on pistonheads last night - quite a price....
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

So the value is in the low mileage? Or is it? Surely this car won't drive well with such low use

Surely the same car which Plans sold last year, presumably for £50K? Still on their website.
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

I just don't get the "low mileage" thing:-
    - You pay more for the car, yet the more you drive it, the more you stand to lose in depreciation;
    - While some components will feel more 'factory fresh', others will need just as much refurb/maintenance (age related), and possibly more (because they've not been used regularly).
    - "Originality" (bodywork, less risk of prangs/resprays/etc.) only matters to the top-end investment community. With respect, only a small handful of NSXs even stand a chance of reaching that rarefied atmosphere.

Anyway, I'm not going to grumble about prices going up...just saddened in a way that the "investment" fraternity are getting their hands on too many proper drivers' cars.
    (Like the mint 964 RS I saw at Prescott...owner bought at the right time and is now starting to wonder if he can afford to keep hill-climbing it because of the insurance...which surely is the sort of thing it was built for in the first place!)
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I agree with you Martin - I deliberately avoided ultra-low mileage cars when buying mine, for both reasons of cost and potential under-use related maintenance issues. There is always a sweet-spot of age, mileage and condition, which tends to be a personal thing.

Yep, 'tis the same car as Plans sold, but with a huge asking price adjustment.....
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

how far will prices go before they become unrealistic?
    i see plans have a red nsx with 189k miles is it and as it's a honda engine, what is the mileage they'll run to before a rebuild etc?

Blog Entries

wow, that's really great news they are going strong and the owners have looked after them.
    so how much would they be worth with those miles?

the £25k one plans have seems reasonable if these guys are getting 100k more than it.

In this thread last year there is an NSX in Austria which at the time had done 518,000km, now that's going it some!

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=mileage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast