Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Respray

Not helping!!!!!!

That's it, chosen the colour.....pink with yellow dots as per mr blobby!

Thanks for that useful tip Ary will look into getting all the bits up front.

lol, it would definitely be different then.....to be serious, I like the silver and really like the grey. My Diablo is grey so I better not give Paul any more abuse before he bans me lol.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I was going to let you have some fun before mentioning the Diablo's classy color scheme ;0)

Silverstone for me is such a classy color on the O2's ... As for mine, I wouldn't change the Magnum as it such a unique and rare option (and yes I did wrap it for a while).

Ian, Sharon, it's your NSX and we've spoken about this over the years, so my proposal won't be a surprise. New paint will be great whether Sebring or Silverstone, and as both are OEM for the model it can only enhance the car whichever you choose.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I knew you too well lol. My coma brain is coming round not so bad lol. Thought I better jump in about my Diablos color before you beat me down. I'll just have to wait now and prey on someone else's post, I'm like the grim reaper oooooohhaaaaa!

In serious thought, The grey is very nice, classy and must be rare in the NSX? Certinally not seen one over here but most of the NSX owners here, I've not heard from in a long time apart from Andrew and Shane.

Can't be too many of yours either Paul in the UK?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm considering a full respray in the original colour as there are far to many marks on the car now. Does the car need to be sprayed in one pass ie bumpers and doors still attached, or can they be sprayed separately? The colour is Sebring Silver. The reason for asking is we had an expensive, special candy blue colour done on one of our previous cars, and if it was not sprayed in one pass the bumpers etc would look a different colour.
    Cheers Ian
    In an attempt to get back on track with this thread, I too am thinking of a full respray. And it will be a very fast red. Who is recommended to do the best job? I'm in no rush but the paint is definitely showing its age with a number of old chip repairs and, as noted in an earlier thread, I have managed to lift paint off with a power hose. Worrying!

So, any recommendations please.

Thanks

David
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

I'm thinking of plans at the moment, as at least they know how to strip the car down, and how to fit it altogether properly.

I'm thinking of plans at the moment, as at least they know how to strip the car down, and how to fit it altogether properly.
    Plans use another company for paint as far as I know. The NSX is very easy to dismantle, any good bodyshop will be fine.
    Whats your budget?

I've thought a lot about going back to an NSX. Perhaps buying a project car. Stripping it down and repainting it properly in one of the special order colours. What always put me off was the cost. With a non original colour you lose both ways; on the cost of painting and on the hit you take if you ever sell something that's had a colour Change.
    I know on older cars that's not necessarily the rule. For instance, a 60's/70's Classic can be repainted any colour within the OE spectrum and is sometimes worth more than the car in its original colour.
    So, if I was worried about residuals. I'd always pick the original colour. If I was keeping it forever. It would have to be
    GY-19M. It's a beautiful colour IMO.
    Reference budget. Somewhere between £4.5K to £7K for a full respray. Probably somewhere in the middle. For that I'd want it to be perfection; no runs, overspray, dust in the paint, colour and tone variation. And I'd expect the edges of the body panels to be smooth not rough. Oh and no masking edges.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

That's a long trip from Lincolnshire and the labour would be a lot higher. There's nothing super-unique to the cars that a good body's won't be able to deal width. Just advise them of what parts are colour and what are black etc as per standard. I quick look over a manual to advise them of how certain parts come apart etc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123