Thread: toda racing timing belt

Default toda racing timing belt

Going to be changing the t belt before may 2nd, anyone got any thoughts on the toda racing high power timing belt as opposed to oem? Id usually go oem all the way but as u are all so fond of sharing your opinions, opinions please?

Is your engine running stock power figures?

Blog Entries

Hi, unclebob.

Not sure you have already checked the price of Toda TB in Japan but unless you have a specific reason (high lift cam shaft, aftermarket valve spring, etc) for it, just stay with the OEM TB and spend the extra money on something else.

TB on our NSX engine is one of the most well protected design among the Honda engines.
    It’s not like the old Prelude engine that couldn’t even reach the specified TB service mileage schedule due to eng oil seeping into the TB cover.

It’s not the TB that you need to pay attention but more on the other parts that will start showing the fatigue/issues much earlier than the TB.
    Please make sure to set the TB tension properly because unlike other engines, once you set it, that’s it and you are going to rely on it until the next TB service.

Kaz

stock everything! lol!

thanks kaz, yeh i reckon i will stay oem, i just thought maybe the toda belt was stronger? would be less likely to snap under stress...