Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Window Sticker

When I agreed sponsorship for a charity London to Paris cycle ride with lotus they would not permit us to put lotus on the team shirts. I was informed that they pay a team of lawyers a **** load of money to take on anyone using their brand without official sanction

but the etchings i'm playing with are generated from MY picture. the owner of the subject has absolutely no say over the use of the picture!

i know this as my car was used on promo material for a show. my permission was not needed as the copyright was owned by the photographer, NOT by me for building/owning/presenting the car!

i even had to pay to get into the show with THE car on their promo posters!

anyhoo, much as anyone who rips off a design, they just have to tweak it slightly so it's not a copy, but just similar, or inspired by!

had a tweak of the design, hopefully allaying copyright concerns....

and of course the Pride version...

aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Agree with Pride... its not as if the club is going to make loads of money ... there is a few hundred of us. Honda is not going to waste time worrying about us breaking IP. We bought their cars, we own them we do what we want with them. There are plenty of business out there ripping off their parts etc which i think they would be more interested in.
    Honda have enough to worry about other than worrying about NSXCB using a sketch of their design on a sticker

And i too have t-shirts etc with logos etc and the Honda police has never questioned me and if they did they would be told a nice swift response!

Just get one made that we all like and if it breaches IP who is really gonna care?!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    but the etchings i'm playing with are generated from MY picture. the owner of the subject has absolutely no say over the use of the picture!

i know this as my car was used on promo material for a show. my permission was not needed as the copyright was owned by the photographer, NOT by me for building/owning/presenting the car!

i even had to pay to get into the show with THE car on their promo posters!

anyhoo, much as anyone who rips off a design, they just have to tweak it slightly so it's not a copy, but just similar, or inspired by!

had a tweak of the design, hopefully allaying copyright concerns....

and of course the Pride version...

Hi Jonathan.....Love your response.....May be before we go down the Pride version we should check to make sure that the LEDs are still blue ...Clive may have changed them.

Kingsley

They're actually multi colour choice, so I can change them to what ever colour suits. Lol
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Just use the siluette, Honda uk won't care two hoots imo, it will just massively delay finalising the design, can you imagine getting them to authorise it, it will be put in pending for years. Just use it!!!!

Ive already made a tee shirt and polo shirt with the design on it. What are Honda going to do, say take it off every time they see it.

And when Dali wanted to use it the car was current but now all their attention and image protection is on the new model, so relax and let's get a design sorted out as it will be another year with no club "sticker".
    Honda are more protective of the "H" and have already told us not to use the H and NSX together so I had to change the owners club website, that's why we want to use Jonathans silhouette....he owns that not Honda!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    I would like to suggest a round sticker that would be the same size as the old tax disc, so that you can utilise tax disc holders if you still have them.
    Good idea, its what Mercedes have done too ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

8. Default

This all depends if we want to get Honda to cooperate with us at events etc.
    For sure there are not many of us, but in the end who would come off worse?
    Be warned IP and Copyright are fiercely protected by all companies. As an idividual you might be able to get away with something, however as soon as a group are involved it will be a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Agree with Pride... its not as if the club is going to make loads of money ... there is a few hundred of us. Honda is not going to waste time worrying about us breaking IP. We bought their cars, we own them we do what we want with them. There are plenty of business out there ripping off their parts etc which i think they would be more interested in.
    Honda have enough to worry about other than worrying about NSXCB using a sketch of their design on a sticker

And i too have t-shirts etc with logos etc and the Honda police has never questioned me and if they did they would be told a nice swift response!

Just get one made that we all like and if it breaches IP who is really gonna care?!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    This all depends if we want to get Honda to cooperate with us at events etc.
    For sure there are not many of us, but in the end who would come off worse?
    Be warned IP and Copyright are fiercely protected by all companies. As an individual you might be able to get away with something, however as soon as a group are involved it will be a different matter.
    100% agree with Mike on this one.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Pride
    Im just making up a logo for a jacket with NSX Club Britain based on the Club Europe Logo. I wanted to get some colour into it. What have you used in the past on T shirts etc
    Last edited by marknsx; 24-02-2016 at 04:02 PM. Reason: daft mistake
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast