Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new brakes installed

Default new brakes installed

as the title says ive replaced my brakes as i was suffering rather bad judder especiallyat high speed
    heres the old bits
    Name:  DSC09243.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  60.0 KB

all went smoothly hardest part was rubbing down hub faces to remove surface rust etc
    Name:  DSC09246.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  40.0 KB

ebc discs and mintex pads installed
    Name:  DSC09247.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  46.6 KB

ta da still need to drive it and bed the new pads in hopefully tomorrow
    purists feel free to complain about my ricey red calipers

I like the discs! Are those just indents rather that fully drilled? And part number and pricing please of the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaboy View Post
    as the title says ive replaced my brakes as i was suffering rather bad judder especiallyat high speed
    heres the old bits
    Name:  DSC09243.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  60.0 KB

all went smoothly hardest part was rubbing down hub faces to remove surface rust etc
    Name:  DSC09246.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  40.0 KB

ebc discs and mintex pads installed
    Name:  DSC09247.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  46.6 KB

ta da still need to drive it and bed the new pads in hopefully tomorrow
    purists feel free to complain about my ricey red calipers
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Got them through eBay £170 pair fronts £140 pair rears yeah there dimpled apparently reduced chance of cracking compared to drilled

Can't comment on them until there bed in few hundred miles then will report back but they seem very well made and had good reviews online

Thanks for the update! I have EBC pads on my car, so think I might go with the same style of disc as you rather than the stoptech. Think those look real nice!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Well as a boy racer lol I was eager for some nice looking brakes wasn't sure on the gold finish and no idea if it stays like that or wears off

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaboy View Post
    Well as a boy racer lol I was eager for some nice looking brakes wasn't sure on the gold finish and no idea if it stays like that or wears off
    That was going to be my next question, what color are they lol The eBay add makes them look gold/bronze with green, wouldn't be into that. But your photo look like a gold color.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    That was going to be my next question, what color are they lol The eBay add makes them look gold/bronze with green, wouldn't be into that. But your photo look like a gold color.
    Definitely gold the picture is pretty much spot on colour wise

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Thanks for the update! I have EBC pads on my car, so think I might go with the same style of disc as you rather than the stoptech. Think those look real nice!
    Which pads are you using please Sudesh?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

i think he puts on ebc red stuff afaik ... thats what on my car after refresh

ebc discs look well i think ... not too boy racer looking imho

be tempted myself ... be curious if gold colour can cope with weathering etc

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Which pads are you using please Sudesh?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Re the gold finish after looking online think the gold wears off when you brake therefore when all gold is removed the pads and discs are perfectly matched then do the bedding in procedure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast