Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Window Sticker

Default Window Sticker

With interest continuing to rise in our beloved NSX, and a new model due to grace our shores within 12 months, there have been new requests for a 'club' rear screen sticker .....

The following is a simple solution ... To use the website banner and simply overlay the www.NSXCB.co.uk address.

I'm sure there must be owners with artistic flair, access to production facilities that can offer further ideas.

Please share your ideas. The moderators will then compile a shortlist from which selections can be voted for.

The forum will cover production costs (within reason) and all income from the sale of the chosen sticker(s) will go back into the maintenance of the forum.

So, make yourself a coffee, be creative and please share your ideas

Thank you
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Something simple along the lines of the Euro NSX Club sticker I think would work - Side profile \ silhouette of car with large NSXCB and smaller lettering with ".co.uk".

http://www.nsxclubeurope.com/forums/

Blog Entries

I’m not good at in designing but some feedback from the past experience in the material.

Would love to have something simple in light colour such as white, light grey, etc and also something that can be removed without leaving trace.
    The UV ray will fade the sticker colour depending on the material used. (By the way, best avoid placing any stickers on the paint work unless you use UV transparent material. Paint will fade over years and you may leave the shade of sticker on the paint if left for long time.)
    Heat will also change the colour of the sticker and it could be caused by the chemical reaction between the adhesive and the sticker material.

Red pigment may contain metal particles (even it’s not metallic like appearance) that may affect the reception of certain frequency radio signal depending on where the sticker is placed.

I think one of the member here made very simple 'www.nsxcb.co.uk' sticker in white as a private project long time ago.
    Would be nice to have something similar as an option together with another design including some sort of side profile of our NSX like NSXGB proposed.

Any images, text logo, markings, etc to be reviewed from the point of copyright.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post

I think one of the member here made very simple 'www.nsxcb.co.uk' sticker in white as a private project long time ago.

Kaz
    like this one......

been on the car since about 2006!!!!

i'll have a play when i get a chance!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I still think Johnathans earlier design looks great, just maybe adding the CB element to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	265 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	12568
    And before anyone thinks it's only because of the blue undercar hue, well it's not, it's the sexy outline of our car that does it for me.
    Last edited by Pride; 06-01-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    like this one......

been on the car since about 2006!!!!

i'll have a play when i get a chance!
    Looking at all of your projects including the aftermarket ball joint, ‘Hat’ at SSC2015 and recent post of butterfly hat, your creation always amazes me.

It would be nice if you can come up with something for the sticker, with simple version like in your photo and another one with bit more artistic design.

I didn’t realise that white sticker was that big.
    I thought it was more like just 5 x 15cm….
    Is it still white after all these years and not turned into yellowish colour even under the sunlight and the heat from the engine bay?
    Is it attached from inside or just placed on the outside of the glass?

May be two size format would be nice if the cost is acceptable.

Kaz

the sticker is 190mm wide and 15mm tall... the tarty photography angle makes it look bigger!

i did it in a light grey vinyl, white was just too bright! it's not discoloured in the time it's been on the car

it's on the inside of the glass for extra durability!

i did have some stickers printed up at one time for another club, a printed design on a chrome foil base, looked great, but didn't take long for the ink design to fade with light exposure. so that's something that would need to be investigated if a multicolour printed design was put forward. and that was a company that did major sign-age projects!!
    Last edited by britlude; 06-01-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

well if pride wants blue under lighting then the car has to be red
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Quote Originally Posted by marknsx View Post
    well if pride wants blue under lighting then the car has to be red
    I was secretly hoping someone would suggest that 😎........................Only Joking!!!!
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

im not sure that i would want a window sticker. Maybe a body decal. I want to individualise my car with something that can be removed if necessary. A ref to NSXCB seems appropriate as it covers all members without singling out a particular model. I had thought the decal could be adhered to the engine cover projecting onto the rear window. Perhaps something good to go on a roof or rear wing.
    As for what the decal should portray... I like Prides suggestion using the profile of the NSX. Maybe colour coded to match your own NSX.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast