Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: merry OHLINS guys! nsx with ohlins suspension..

1. Default

YEAH!!! tomorrow is a great day for me in my workshop
    Last edited by marco1985; 28-01-2018 at 10:50 AM.

2. Default

front and rear wiew:

my first drive: i think that this coilover is more confortable than bilstein with oem springs!!!!!!!! i drive for a few kmtrs to my home... and the this coilover works great than i expect.... i need to do some hard drive test now!!!
    Last edited by marco1985; 28-01-2018 at 10:51 AM.

3. Default

alignment time:

4. Default

and now i can do a proper review:

The first test took place on rough roads : I could not ask anything better , the car does not suffer " shots " or " noise " and this thanks to the valving system of ohlins dampers .It maintains a good softness and this is crucial , because the NSX is a car to be preserved , and no one wants their nsx that after years of a shock too " hard " starts making noises everywhere. It maintains a good softness and this is crucial , because the NSX is a car to be preserved , and no one wants their nsx that after years of a shock too " hard " starts making noises everywhere.

the second part of the test was about the hardest driving : the shock absorbers work with a incredible grace ever seen, and the car slides on the rear as it should do , but always keeping a good grip even when during fast corners the car meets the road a little bit bad . the feeling you have , it is quite similar to the one I had with these suspensions on s2000 : it seems that the wheels caress the road .I agree, and I think this is the best sport suspension that now avaiable for use in the street ,and hard drive, such as track , which now exists in the world for nsx.

Interesting. As they are adjustable: what settings did you use, hard or soft? How does it compare to the stock suspension?

6. Default

Oh yes , I have tried the suspension only for road setting and the valving almost completely soft .The great thing is that unlike other adjustable shock absorbers , when ohlins although is set to " soft " does not floated effect on the car! It maintains a composed and precise movement . I was lucky enough to try an original of nsx a our customerthat have only 30k km : seems to be only a little softer in the road compared to this new type of suspension , but remember that he still had the original rims 15 and 16, while I I set up 17-18 on my nsx.

regard of the ride height set up, is completely adjustable, so i decided to mantain a low ride height on my car.

in this days, we are seriously thinking to starts a production of this great suspension kit.

7. Default

front and rear top mount looks great on the car: seems to be stock

Take your time, there's no need to hurry. Evaluating a new spring/shock combo needs extensive testing.
    It would be more comfortable to adjust the shocks if the screw would be 'hex-like'. Adjusting the front now is PITA.

If you're going to production is there a TüV report or any certificate from Öhlins available?

I saw in an interview at SEMA 2012 with an Öhlins representative (YouTube: around 9:50) that the evaluation of a new suspension takes 6 months at least before they release it with an Öhlins label. So you have still plenty of time to test and track.

Marco,
    Please do keep us informed and updated on this matter!
    I am seriously interested in installing these Ohlins on my -91.
    If the Ohlin guys need another NSX to use as a guinea pig, please let me know
    I'm just a few hours drive away from their development headquarters...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast