Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: merry OHLINS guys! nsx with ohlins suspension..

1. Default merry OHLINS guys! nsx with ohlins suspension..

HI guys, my name is Marco, i have a workshop in italy, called M2Kengineering.
    I and my buisness partner, have founded M2Kengineering some year ago, after many years of experience in honda car.
    I'm a nsx owner from 3 years, and after a lot of years of s2000 , i'm decided to buy the honda king, the nsx, to spend a lot of time in reserch, to improve my nsx, and offer a GOOD quality point where nsx owner can bring their nsx with confidence, for manteniance, or mods.

by some months, i'm decided to improve a suspension.
    when I have the s2000, I tried ALL the suspension brand, kw, bilstein, koni, d2,bc racing, tein and other , but ONLY one offer to me a real difference , is OHLINS DFV.
    OHLINS DFV is a great suspension , perhaps is the only suspension that offer a good safe drive in the street , and a good response in the track.

Starting from this consideration i think in my mind that in the world, there are few good suspension at resonable price for the nsx: KW v3 made exclusive for the nsx, bilstein with a stock spring, or tein. alternatively, stock NA2 TYPE R suspension, offer a great set up ever made by honda for the nsx, but not a good price.

so, i'm decided to made a definitive hi-level suspension for the nsx, starting to a new technology DVF by ohlins, combined with the OEM honda NA2 type r spec, to made a good street/track suspension for the nsx.

probably in other 2 weeks, we will finish the development of the first ohlins dfv kit for the nsx by M2K engineering
    the firts kit, will be mounted in my nsx
    i'm excited for this!
    at the right moment, i take some pic for you!

merry christmas guys!
    Last edited by marco1985; 28-01-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Hi Marco, as you've gone to such lengths in your research to find what you believe to be the best of both road and track coilovers for the NSX I wondered if you could post some costings of both product and install/setup.

Presumably we would need to drive to Italy to have this work done by you so also how long would you need to complete full install and setup.

Wishing you a prosperous new year.

Best regards,
    Clive.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

of course clive!
    I think that the definitive DFV ohlins kit can have the similar price of the KW v3 kit, but i think that this kit has many points in its favor compared to a kw...
    OUR ohlins kit certainly have 10kg/mm 8 kg/mm,spring rate, the same spec of NA2 TR oem springs.
    still another few weeks and i have in my hand definitive kit/install costs.
    I'll keep the post updated!
    if someone is curious, can check our FB page M2Kengineering for other honda job
    Last edited by marco1985; 28-01-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Interesting approach.

The KW raised the bar very high for aftermarket suspensions on the NSX. So just using a well respected brand name won't beat the KWs IMHO. For example Koni is also well respected but kinda suck on the NSX with their valving (too harsh).

Are you going to make a susension for the street or the track?

The KW offers a lot the features but its main advantage is the very harmonic spring/shock combo/valving hard to beat by another suspension. It has some small disadvantages though:
    - installation of them sucks being 'too long'
    - rattling of the helper spring

What about adjustability? Who does and tests the basic setup? Higher spring rates are not always better. 8 and 6 kg/mm would do also.

If you want higher production no. you might involve the US market.

Good luck!

It is with please that i see other vendors offering new products for our loved NSX! especially from someone in Europe!

I hope you can offer something really nice! OHLINS is a very respected brand IMHO! So i wish you all the luck with your new product!

Since you have an NSX i Hope you can think out of the box and offer more new products!!!

I have KW V3 installed on my NSX! Love them! but it is very nice to have other options!!!

Thanks, all the best

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Interesting approach.

The KW raised the bar very high for aftermarket suspensions on the NSX. So just using a well respected brand name won't beat the KWs IMHO. For example Koni is also well respected but kinda suck on the NSX with their valving (too harsh).

Are you going to make a susension for the street or the track?

The KW offers a lot the features but its main advantage is the very harmonic spring/shock combo/valving hard to beat by another suspension. It has some small disadvantages though:
    - installation of them sucks being 'too long'
    - rattling of the helper spring

What about adjustability? Who does and tests the basic setup? Higher spring rates are not always better. 8 and 6 kg/mm would do also.

If you want higher production no. you might involve the US market.

Good luck!
    Indeed - Type R front springs are judged by some as far too harsh for out terrible UK roads.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

8 and 6 kg/mm is from NSX-R Gen. 1, KW goes with 6 and 6 kg/mm, a very good compromise.

As far as I understand the NSX-R suspension is the starting point. I don't know if it's a good starting point for 'normal' NSXs as the NSX-R is lighter. What do the techs at Öhlins say? They could offer very important input. They sell a suspension for the S2000 and CTR but you don't read very much about it in the forums. Too sad, it seems not very widespread.

If DFV is more than a marketing gag and would be a significant improvement in driving comfort while still being stiff enough then it would be superior to a NSX-R suspension. Stiff suspensions are made quite easy, see TEIN: at the softest setting SADO and some clicks harder also MASO. I'm pretty sure the Öhlins guys are capable of building a super suspension but I would them let the homework.

Good luck!

8. Default

hello guys! there are some news.
    yesterday, we have testing ohlins DFV suspension on the suspension bench, to see a difference between FRONT and REAR coilover.

we have notice that the rear nsx suspension have a loger stroke than the front, exactly the opposite of s2000.
    this is a good find, but I don't say you why for now...

to aswer @goldnsx

yes, the kw suspension offers an harmonic spring/shock combo/valving , but i assure you that the dfv system by ohlins work GOOD with the high spring rate , and work an harmonic combo as kw without the noise or rattling as kw do..

we are going to make a definitive nsx suspension for the streets, that work fine in the track, but not RACE suspension.
    ideally, the same thing that honda do in your NSX-r suspension.

hey guys, i try to write in english without the google translate help, this is why i need to perfection my english. if there are some error ....ehm sorry
    Last edited by marco1985; 28-01-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Nice to see some progress. Indeed, the S2000 has a stunning setup from the factory. Please take into account that the weights of the two cars are similar BUT the weight distribution is NOT. That makes choosing the spring rate and the valving a little bit more complicated or very critical, esp. on the front. Too bad the Ohlins are not very widespread in the S2000 world.

Also: please reduce the stock stoke or the overall length of the strut by around 25 mm because the OEM ones are a nightmare (long) to install.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast