Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: someones claiming the pricing has been released in USA!

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    Not true any more. Mercedes AMG GT uk price £97,200 (note this includes VAT at 20%) US price $129,900 (note this does not include any Tax as each state has a different tax rate. (In New york add 8.875% in Los Angeles it will range from 9% to 10%).

So actual cost in NY is $141,429. Using the current exchange rate of £1 to $1.49 the Mercedes will cost you £94,918 a saving of just £2k plus the steering wheel on the wrong side!
    There's always an exception, which proves the rule: the CR-Vs etc work out roughly right given that the spec isn't exactly the same.

We'll see how brave/delusional HUK is shortly...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Unbelievably, it's about the same weight as this old girl:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentley_Mark_VI
    Or an unladen Transit...

Or only a bit overweight, compared to a 1,700Kg 918.

I'm not really sure how one judges these things, any more.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    I'm not really sure how one judges these things, any more.
    At least one could argue that you do get value for money in just weight alone.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

True...
    Nick

If you fancy a real giggle then check out some of the optional extra prices just recently announced.

Just to put them into perspective, a £1,500,000 Bugatti Veyron optional floor mat set will set you back a mere €850

http://jalopnik.com/the-acura-nsx-bu...ave-1760782432
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

so the rest of the world gets the HUK pricing policy (think of a number, double it, add a zero)???
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    so the rest of the world gets the HUK pricing policy (think of a number, double it, add a zero)???
    Yup sure looks like it

Can't wait to see the HUK mark up price.

Honda UK salesmans opening pitch before offering them any options will now have to be, for health and safety reasons:
    "I INSIST you first take a seat please sir"

The journo that wrote this article sure feels the way we do I think. Made me laugh anyway.

I wonder if Acura will send me a set of Press Floor Mats just to test them. I can pop them into my Beetle, nearly doubling the value, and write **** like:

“I’m a believer. There is no going back. The driving — no, let me correct myself — LIVING experience I had using these floor mats makes the birth of my son feel like a trip to the gas company to pay a bill.”
    I know Acura is by no means alone in charging absurd prices for **** like floor mats, but I think it’s worth pointing out. Maybe I’m wrong; maybe these are fantastic floor mats, worth every goddamn penny.

I was happy to see that Acura is really doubling down on their ‘we have more headlights than anybody’ identity, and offering a $7500 Headlamp Expansion Package option:

Tap on image and expand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	12592
    Last edited by Pride; 23-02-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Pride.

Could this be the future of the new NSX ???

http://jalopnik.com/the-future-of-th...nsx-1746872340

I hope not
    Pride.

New NSX is out of my budget but I truly hope the technology delivers as suggested by earlier animated YouTube releases as it will again be a game changer.

If I as in the price bracket my money would buy what I consider to be a successor to the NSX http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...ource=20160225
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    New NSX is out of my budget but I truly hope the technology delivers as suggested by earlier animated YouTube releases as it will again be a game changer.

If I as in the price bracket my money would buy what I consider to be a successor to the NSX http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...ource=20160225
    I certainly hope their road cars perform better and are more reliable than their F1 cars!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast