Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First drive and why i bought my car

Quote Originally Posted by marknsx View Post
    SHAWD
    have you had a cam belt and spark plug service yet?
    Hi Mark
    Not yet, mine's FHSH but only 50k - which Legend do you own ( don't want to sabotage this NSX thread though !) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAWD View Post
    Hi Mark
    Not yet, mine's FHSH but only 50k - which Legend do you own ( don't want to sabotage this NSX thread though !) ?
    This forum is right up your street.

http://hondakarma.com/models/legend/

Enjoy.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    This forum is right up your street.

http://hondakarma.com/models/legend/

Enjoy.
    Thanks Pride

first drive continued;
    so 400 miles done. Still grinning like a schoolboy. What a wonderful gear box. Im driving comfortably within any speed limits. 20 mph and the NSX is settled and patient no urge to race. I think it was Jeremy Clarkson who said of the NA1. Its too easy to drive, its no supercar. Ive had plenty of time to think on that statement. I have come to the conclusion that he is probably right. No 200mph plus. No stupid price tag. No snobbery attached. The NSX offers reliability, comfort, simplicity and every day use. Other than parking somewhere safe (plenty of room) I can find no reason to fear using this car. So not a super car, and yet..... It is a super car. Honda brilliance! 360 degree vision from my F16 cockpit. Planted, assured and quick. A Honda V6 behind my head. That howl. A rarity making ownership a privilege. I admire all these aspects of my NSX. Why then is this car so undervalued? Thats a discussion for another day.
    In conclusion. I was wondering if I would be afraid to drive my NSX. Im not. Im addicted. Im in love with a brilliant feat of engineering. Most of all Ayrton Senna gave his blessing. Which other "supercar" has been anointed in such a way?

5. Default

So did I see the other thread correctly in that you are now going to sell it?! Perhaps you have been offered too much to refuse...��

Well I have a possible deal on the table. Wouldn't part with the car ordinarily. Other half is the problem

Why? Is it too big a financial investment for you both, or does she just not understand that you're a car guy, or is it something else?

(What I mean to say is that is it a genuine concern or is she trying to exert too much influence over your 'partnership' with her...or should I just shut up and stop prying because this isn't Mumsnet?!? )
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I've got to say mark nsx that it seems all too contrived this short lived so called "love story" of an ownership.

Having extolled about the car before and after picking it up you've never posted any pictures of it and how is it that in all the questions and enquiries you made for it you never became a platinum member of this forum???

Sorry, not convinced you even own one.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Attachment 12535

Good work. What is out of the common is usually a guide rather than a hindrance. In solving a problem of this sort (see all above) the grand thing is to be able to reason backward. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a very easy one, but people do not practice it much. In the everyday affairs of life, it is more useful to reason forward, and so the other comes to be neglected. Most people, if you describe a train of events to them, will tell you what the result would be. They can put those events together in their minds, and argue from them that something will come to pass. There are few people however, who, if you told them a result, would be able to evolve from their own inner consciousness what the steps were which led up to that result. This power is what I mean when I talk of reasoning backward, or analytically.

Can't you all see... It's Ary & Papa having a laugh!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast