Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New NSX delayed - again (no sniggering!)

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    does anyone know what it is to be or have an objection to the use of NA3?
    Definatly NOT (Naturally Aspirated) NA3

TT1 (Twin Turbo) maybe😎
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Ary - you really are on a downer on NSX values and 'the market', aren't you? Does it bother you that much that you cashed-out before they shot-up, or are you just aggrieved that the whole classic/supercar market doesn't reflect useable value and is being taken over by investors (I sympathise with the second point - you know my car - I bought to drive, not to 'invest').

:cough: evo / Chris Harris
    OK here we go:

You mentioned values, not me, I simply stated that people re either trying to cash up, or the ones for sale are from expert/dealers, the sames that were messing up NSXs a few years back.

Your cars and many others that are not shall we say collector cars, are well known by the community and now that values have risen, car will be more rigorously scrutinised.

Do you remember when you were taking the piss out of my old NSX on PH???

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post

And to Ary, thanx. You helped me many times and I know you have without hesitation offered support and guidance to many over the years. Your comments do suggest you are a little more surprised than many as to how the value in the market has changed for the NA1/2 models. There are a few tucked away that need TLC so remain affordable. I'd suggest that the apparent stability in the market also makes the now higher valued examples still affordable on the basis that one keeps them stock(ish) and maintained. Maybe you'll find one and be back in the family one day?

Forums are fun, open to interpretation and opinion. Whatever individuals think on this on or topics is fine so long as written with respect for others.

rgds, Paul
    Dear Paul,

You will find that I have not made a post about price in a long time since it was requested on the forums.

My comments on this thread are as follows:

Too many NSXs for sale at present.

Z06 a hell of a car for the next NSX to beat, on many levels and sells for a much lower price.
    I know a lot of peoples P&J past.

Nothing else, nothing more.

The above comments are FACTS,

I have no dog in this fight, and if I ever get another NSX, it will be in a few years when I have the time to work on it, rather than keep it in the garage.

I am not surprised, the prices were manipulated behind closed doors by a few individuals and the dealers saw the opportunity and took it, what surprises me is crashed bang walloped NSX billed as clean examples by their owners.

Does it bother you that much that you cashed-out before they shot-up,
    Not really as my last NSX was modified, it had some history, therefore it's market value would not have been that much higher than what it was sold for.

As for the cashing out, since I put the money into my mortgage, it more than caught up any cashinp up the NSX would have made.

Now if I had a pristine NA1 or NA2 say 2001 with low mileage then that would be a different story.

Everyone knows that if you buy a cheaper car to start with , no matter how much you spend on it it will still be cheaper when you sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    OK here we go:

You mentioned values, not me...
    Oh for pity's sake, I was trying to have a laugh...not wind you up! Please don't take everything as an affront...

Do you remember when you were taking the piss out of my old NSX on PH???
    I did??? When? Genuinely don't remember that...not sure why I'd have done that. Are you sure it was me?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Oh for pity's sake, I was trying to have a laugh...not wind you up! Please don't take everything as an affront...

I did??? When? Genuinely don't remember that...not sure why I'd have done that. Are you sure it was me?
    I do not believe that we have had the best exchanges on the internet, therefore I based my judgement on previous experiences in dealing with you.

I posted some pictures of my R-GT conversion some people on PH had a go, I corrected them and you jumped in.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...20Hondas&mid=0

You still have the same MO as before, you say something RUDE and when confronted then say you are only joking.

I know what I call that and is not comedy.

That's my NSX now...haven't met anyone yet telling me it looks straight out of MaxPower..LOL..
    I get a lot of thumbs up..

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

I do not believe that we have had the best exchanges on the internet, therefore I based my judgement on previous experiences in dealing with you.

I posted some pictures of my R-GT conversion some people on PH had a go, I corrected them and you jumped in.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...20Hondas&mid=0

You still have the same MO as before, you say something RUDE and when confronted then say you are only joking.

I know what I call that and is not comedy.
    Oh for pity's sake. 7 years and you're still bearing a grudge? Because I didn't like the look of your car? And as for me being rude...I think we're both guilty of that. Come on Ary...

That was my opinion at the time, and while my views have softened, both to modifications and having seen the car in the flesh (visually impressive, paint looks gorgeous), I'm still not a fan of the front splitter (too long, almost caricature, to me) and that style of rear wing is divisive aesthetically - I still wouldn't put it on an NSX unless the NSX was a regular track-bitch.

IF you're going to modify a car extensively you HAVE to accept that it's going to create polarised opinions, particularly on a 'classic' like the NSX. You probably won't like some of those opinions, but it's up to you to have confidence in your car / your choices.

Look, life's too short - if I offended you back then I apologise. And if you took my comment on the previous page here to heart, please don't - it was intended as a light-hearted jibe, I didn't realise you had a problem with me.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Martin,

Rest assured I do not have a problem with you, nor do I bear a grudge.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but if I am attacked I will defend myself accordingly.

If it was not your intention, then I will ask you to choose your words more carefully in future, something that I am sure you are more than capable of.

Now getting back on topic, why is Honda behaving in such a bizarre manner?

:cough: evo / Chris Harris
    I stand corrected having just read the first full UK review in this months EVO mag which arrived in the post today and have to admit it does get a great review albeit from Chris Harris, who openly admits to never being a fan of our origanol model.

I have to say though that I find it quiet mystifying as to why he should be invited to test this car by Honda/Acura marketing department knowing his views on the old car. They could have shot themselves in the foot from the get go as Mr Harris tends not to be a fan of Honda cars anyway.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast