Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New NSX delayed - again (no sniggering!)

Default New NSX delayed - again (no sniggering!)

US customers won't get anything this year - Spring 2016 at the earliest, so perhaps late 2016 for UK customers.

More here: http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...l-spring-2016/

2. Default

Okay

I've just returned from the US where I took in the LA Auto Show
    Talking with the Acura (agency) stand staff, they are telling customers they will be able to order in the spring for delivery in the fall

how many of us are now starting to get just a tadd pissed off with the NO NEWS?

the show car on the stand was Black (and they didn't have the keys), the press day car was white and yeap they had keys to that one.

Honda really don't seem to have anyone who understands premium-car marketing, do they? This whole thing is becoming a long, drawn-out farce...I just hope that customers are happy when they (eventually) get their cars...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

^ It certainly seems that way. This car has been almost ready for what, 3 years?, and still no customer cars available, and no sign of any before Q2 2016, with the prospect of none outside North America until 2017 at the earliest!
    Last edited by NZNick; 27-11-2015 at 02:43 AM.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    ^ It certainly seems that way. This car has been almost ready for what, 3 years?, and still no customer cars available, and no sign of any before Q2 2016, with the prospect of none outside North America until 2017 at the earliest!
    I could say I told you so but you already know that anyway

The UK imo will be lucky to get even a magazine review on the car next year and as for delivery, well 2018 is looking more and more likely at every show it attends.

It's farcical.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Honda really needs to wake up to what the rest of the automotive world is doing, as have moved on, think Z06!

Talking to those in the know the new Tyre R Civic misses its mark too. Too harsh for the road and not trimmed for those who want a track car. Is this insistence with Honda to put every conceivable new development in their top end motors not just blinding them from the obvious target markets. The Honda/Acura mark will never sell as well as the exclusive european brands outside Japan. Honda seem to get that with the pricing. But, not the marketing.
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

So, the important question...is all this long drawn-out faff and gilding the lily going to be good or bad for NA1/NA2 values?

(Lights blue touchpaper and waits for Ary to bite... )
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    So, the important question...is all this long drawn-out faff and gilding the lily going to be good or bad for NA1/NA2 values?

(Lights blue touchpaper and waits for Ary to bite... )
    Well look at it this way, how many NSX were on the market when you were looking for one???

Does that sounds like a confident market?

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Well look at it this way, how many NSX were on the market when you were looking for one???

Does that sounds like a confident market?
    Eh????????
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast