Thread: Retro Cars NSX article September Issue

Default Retro Cars NSX article September Issue

Interesting and mostly complimentary NSX piece in this months mag, the car even makes it as the centrefold. According to the article its owned by Honda UK and was the first UK car, a pre production model used mostly for transmission testing. It was saved by two Honda UK engineers from the scrap heap after it broke loose from a dyno and smashed through a wall wrecking it. Good on them for rebuilding it.

Last edited by exiges1; 11-08-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Adding photo?

I've heard several stories but never the smashed thru a wall version ... if Honda UK really went to the expense of rebuilding a total loss then you would think they would do something about retail prices for the 300 or so owners who wince when they have to but a clip that has an NSX part number ...

Happy to be corrected but I think someone was pulling that jurno's leg for the article ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Yes good point, it seems they weren't immune from this factor either. Article goes on to say " they were given a limited budget (after pitching the benefits of rebuilding the car to Honda bosses) and six months to restore the car.....(however even with) parts being made by Honda in house the costs still climbed into five figures"!!

Apparently it's got an agreed insurance value of £70k.....

(tried to to post a pic of the front cover but no luck not sure what I'm doing wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by exiges1 View Post
    (tried to to post a pic of the front cover but no luck not sure what I'm doing wrong)
    I'm not the only one then when it comes to posting pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	12510

Just tried posting and low behold, albeit very grainy.
    Last edited by Pride; 11-08-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Congrats! Must be perseverance - I gave up!!

and a bigger version...

from their website.... preview pages show the NSX in the intro and index pages.......

and

Last edited by britlude; 11-08-2015 at 08:14 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

The same car was at the last Japfest I attended which was a long time ago. I took some pics next to mine. I spotted it on my way out of
    Castlecoombe. Its a auto too.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour