Thread: New NSX at goodwood

Default New NSX at goodwood

OK lads, I was just viewing NSX Prime and S.S. posted a few pics from Goodwood.
    I count on NSXCB for the English perspective from someone who was actually there.

By the by, as an inspector at Honda Aircraft Company here in the colonies, I found out today the company had a photo shoot in the delivery hanger recently with a particular HondaJet and the NEW, NSX.
    I'm working on some pictures and will get them up as soon as possible.

Cheers
    nigel

2. Default

Sounds great. I was denied access to see the NSX, but could check out the lovely Jazz. Odd that they would be all elitist at Goodwood; surely the ideal audience to see their new supercar!
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    Odd that they would be all elitist at Goodwood; surely the ideal audience to see their new supercar!
    I think that event IS elitist, despite the marketing to the contrary. Sure, all the great unwashed can turn up and 'see their heroes', but certain areas are either off-limits or are pay-extra or are invite-only (including some of the manufacturer stands). Oh, and then there's the champagne bars populated solely by people completely overdressed for a motorsport festival...

I do respect Lord March for opening his grounds for the event each year, but you can be sure it turns a profit.

Contrast the atmosphere / attendees with the Revival or the Silverstone Classic...or with events like the Prescott Hill Climbs...again, organised/run by monied individuals (talking to one of the organisers on Sunday who turned out to have bought his Dino new and has had it ever since), but completely egalitarian at the actual events.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof