Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping companies?

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    I've done plenty of US shipping to the UK and vice versa and for small to medium packages the United States Postal Service, (USPS) is the cheapest.
    They work in conjunction with Parcel Force and I find UPS and Fed Ex are stupid expensive.
    Long or oversize packages can get costly but I think they have to exceed 65" in length and I'm not sure of the width.

Cheers
    nigel
    Thanks Nigel, I'll ask him to get a quote from USPS as well as UPS.

Tyres removed would make a big difference.

I shipped set of NA2 wheels and was approx £275 but you also need to factor in customs. Bumper was nearly £400

I ship a lot of packages so have a good account rate at UPS. Direct to UPS would be VV expensive.

I can quote you using my account if you want. Would need exact measurements and weights. Two packages of 2 wheels each would be best.

Delivery is quick though - 3 days or so
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

Quote Originally Posted by drmikey View Post
    Tyres removed would make a big difference.

I shipped set of NA2 wheels and was approx £275 but you also need to factor in customs. Bumper was nearly £400

I ship a lot of packages so have a good account rate at UPS. Direct to UPS would be VV expensive.

I can quote you using my account if you want. Would need exact measurements and weights. Two packages of 2 wheels each would be best.

Delivery is quick though - 3 days or so
    Thanks Mike, I'm grateful for your offer. I've emailed the seller to let him know. He would prefer to sell in the U.S. but if he changes his mind I'll give you a ring if that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by exiges1 View Post
    Thanks Mike, I'm grateful for your offer. I've emailed the seller to let him know. He would prefer to sell in the U.S. but if he changes his mind I'll give you a ring if that's ok.
    No problem at all
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

drmikey has an established UPS account so DO get a quote from him to compare with USPS / Parcel Force.
    As with him, getting rid of the tyres will save you loads.
    The shipping for them, (the tyres) will probably buy a new set in the UK or near by and have money left over for a night at the local pub.

Cheers
    nigel

Hi,

Last summer a friend shipped 18/19 TSW wheels from California to Portugal.

It was 2 packages of 2 wheels each (WITH tyres) ... the total weight was 92kg and it costed $430 through FedEX.

Nuno

UPS last year from Oklahoma to UK charged $700 for 4 wheels,no tyres, weight stated 84lbs, then UK additional import duty £33.59 plus import VAT £175.81 plus brokerage charges £11 plus VAT on that of £2.20.
    DHL wanted more, Fedex I was advised quote an estimate, but charge 50% more, Post office much cheaper but tracking can be poor or absent.

A minefield indeed.
    My friend has an account with them all, but stopped using Fedex because of erratic pricing & quotes, even for his $20,000 a year shipments !!

Thanks for all your responses and experiences, very informative and as Ian said, something of a minefield!

Mike (drmikey) is away at the moment so I think I'll wait until he returns and discuss with him.
    Cheers,
    Tony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12