Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Be aware that Admiral will load your premium for any Speed Awareness Course, so I was only with them for one year (81mph on the A14 about three weeks after getting the NSX!)

To resurrect this one, I've been with Competition Car Insurance for three years, always liked them. Renewal was £509 to renew on similar terms (including track day cover).

However, since then I had an accident in my wife's car (had a fight with a deer, neither of us won that one) and picked up and SP30 along the way.

Those both loaded premiums a little, however I increased the value to £55k - this didn't affect the premium BUT they now want a Cat 5 tracker.

Classic Line insure to same level with no tracker for £439. For an extra £20 they'll fix the value on production of 6 pics, as long as they agree the figure.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

I moved to Classic Line this year too. £140 cheaper, a proper agreed value rather than the indemnity that CCI offer and no need for the tracker once over £40k value. I didn't really require track day cover. Another bonus is European Breakdown recovery included. Also the can bank any NCB you have on an old policy. It won't accrue additional years but at least it won't lapse after two years either. Not a bad package I thought...

Thought I'd share this last week's experience with brokers. Given the changes to Classic Line's trackday cover this year (mainly the Euro increase from £75 to £250, which makes next year's NSXCE trip rather more expensive...), I thought I'd ring around, see what other insurers were providing. Renewal quote <£300 for 3k miles, garaged, clean licence, minimal modifications.

Not great reading:-
    - CCI no longer do <25 years on a classic policy (very recent change) - pointed at Footman James instead as both are Towergate brands.
    - Footman James wanted >£600, and wouldn't cover European trackdays, but otherwise seemed good.
    - Hagerty wanted £500, and won't put even occasional commuting on the policy, so didn't ask about trackdays but otherwise seemed very good and knowledgable.
    - RH Classic - gave up as the chap hadn't a clue what the car was or what a damper was. Possibly a little unfair but I'd rather deal with people who've at least a passing knowledge of cars...
    - Carole Nash - ditto...was asked if the car was a saloon. Lost the will to live soon after...

Not sure whether to bother any further...Classic Line have been good for the last few years and they're competitive, so might have to suck-up the trackday fee...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Just thought i'd share my insurance quote (age 41)... For the NSX valued at £50k, social use only, 3000 miles, Comprehensive insurance, 0 years NCD Admiral came in at £196!
    If I transfer my M4 insurance over to them at renewal, the cost drops to £113 per year! Add the £275 for the M4 (with class 2 business use) the overall figure is only £388 for both cars!!
    That seems ridiculously cheap to me, I need to read the small print.

I have found Adrian Flux to be very fair for my fully comp. 0844 381 6502
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Just thought i'd share my insurance quote (age 41)... For the NSX valued at £50k, social use only, 3000 miles, Comprehensive insurance, 0 years NCD Admiral came in at £196!
    If I transfer my M4 insurance over to them at renewal, the cost drops to £113 per year! Add the £275 for the M4 (with class 2 business use) the overall figure is only £388 for both cars!!
    Not heard any favourable comments about Admirable but plenty of bad.
    As the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'.
    How confident would you be of getting a suitable payout should you need to make a claim?

I was insured with RSA, through AON, which are now Footman James. Unfortunately I needed to make a claim in July 2013.
    I spent 3 months arguing with the assessor because he wanted me to use their approved repairer and flatly refused to pay more than £45 an hour labour rate despite it being a classic policy stating that the car should be repaired at a bodyshop appropriate to the vehicle.
    Footman James were very helpful and after lodging a complaint with them, MY preffered repairer was approved within 48 hrs.
    Although my car has been repaired and I am delighted with the standard of work I am still fighting with RSA. They have requested that I accept a 50/50 settlement which I have refused on the basis that I was stationary at the time of the incident and it would be physically impossible to cause the damage to my car if I wasn't. RSA now seem to completely inactive at resolving the case with a standard reply of 'the case is due to be reviewed shortly' at each enquiry!
    I would have been happy to re-insure through Footman James but unfortunately they could only offer me a policy through RSA so I have moved to Classic Line. They seem to be very helpful but I don't know of anybody who has actually made a claim with them.

Olly

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Are you sure they didn't mistake it for a Honda Jazz...your price is ridiculously low!!! If true..a very well done...I am older than you with 9 years NCB and still can't get anywhere near your quoted price.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

I can't insure my mountain bike for £113 let alone an NSX!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Insurance I know this has been discussed before. However I had 4 cars on Admiral Multicar policy.. yes I had seen the adds on the tele....and the NSX was with Hagerty which has been for 4 years. Insurance time with Admiral recieved the renewal quote and jumped up £702 .97. Was informed that is the market place ..... Shopped around and with 4 individual car policy's with Be Wiser saved nearly a thousand pounds . £288 from the last year quote and £702.97 from the increase this year. NSX is due now and Hagerty sent me the renewal and to be fair suggested that I increased the Agreed Value. The cost from them was £475.68 with restricted mileage of 2,000. Phoned Classic Line with restricted 3,000 anual mileage and the same benefits as Hagerty was quoted £270.24. I have sent an email asking them to check if that is correct. That is a saving of £200. Is it too good to be true. I have a couple of weeks to shop around. Most important for me is agreed value which a lot of companies don't offer

Kingsley
    Based on the discussion you and I had Kingsley I called Classic Line and got the following quote: 3000 miles, UK and EU coverage, Event coverage; SDP& commuting; agreed value (£65k to £85k). £305. Sounds good but I am unsure about values. Lots of NSX's for sale (mostly really early ones) on PH and autotrader etc. Whats the current thinking on values?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast