Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Me too - always mentioned it over the phone, never had it questioned...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by dcnsx View Post
    Yes an agreed value will push your renewal up. My quote for last year was £176 will a book value of £6000, after agreeing on it's true value I ended up paying £400.
    I've gone for agreed value policies for the last few years, but I have been wondering if it's left me underinsured in years when the prices have been moving rapidly. Clearly, a payout in the event of a claim of GBP6000 book value would be unacceptable. But I'm asking myself if a number like that could be challenged by presenting current market information, or maybe getting somebody like Plans to provide a valuation. Insurance companies must be open to that kind of discussion, otherwise they wouldn't accept agreed value policies with market values rather than the low book values. Anybody any experience?

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Looks like ClassicLine no longer recognise garages/dealerships/similar as being 'independent' to give a valuation for agreed-value policies - needs to be Owners Club or CL themselves.

I have confirmed with them that they recognise us as a Club for discount purposes though.

Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Looks like ClassicLine no longer recognise garages/dealerships/similar as being 'independent' to give a valuation for agreed-value policies - needs to be Owners Club or CL themselves.

I have confirmed with them that they recognise us as a Club for discount purposes though.
    Errr...so Owners Clubs have no CoI in this regard and can be trusted to be independent?! Gosh!

Good news re the club discount though.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Anybody any experience?

Peter
    An agreed value policy goes both ways - in an appreciating market it's up to the owner to 'keep up', and update the AV regularly to avoid under-insurance / in a falling market the owner may gain some over-insurance between revaluations.

(I did query this with C-Line last year)

Classicline review the agreed value every two years
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    I told them my car club was NSXCB and they just noted it down, no more questions asked about it.

Pleased to say I've gone with classic line too. Thanks to the forum/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by philboo View Post
    Pleased to say I've gone with classic line too. Thanks to the forum/thread.
    I have just renewed with Classic Line. It was they who suggested that I up the valuation so it is now £60,000 (still a bit low perhaps) and the annual premium was £450 for 5,000 miles, garaged and in Aberdeenshire so deemed a low risk area. I was very impresssed with their attitude and willingness to readily agree a valuation. And it includes lots of extras that other firms charge for.
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    I have just renewed with Classic Line. It was they who suggested that I up the valuation so it is now £60,000 (still a bit low perhaps) and the annual premium was £450 for 5,000 miles, garaged and in Aberdeenshire so deemed a low risk area. I was very impresssed with their attitude and willingness to readily agree a valuation. And it includes lots of extras that other firms charge for.
    They also struck me as very professional and understanding too, it makes a change with insurance company's I must say.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

10. Default

What's my best option these days for a modified NSX with mileage around the 2-3k mark?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast