Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance

I'm just in the process of renewing with them: little change to the premium (up about £15) and no change to the valuation we agreed last year.

Other than their stupid policy of jacking up premiums for track days in Europe, they seem pretty good.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I have just had interesting response from Classic line valuations.

I filled in their valuation checklist form and supplied them with 6 recent pictures of Y1 NSX.

I suggested a value of £70k for insurance purposes....perhaps a tad high, but in the light of the Circuit Blue car sold by Silverstone Auctions (£69,750) and red W1 NSX for sale at Plans currently (£69k), surely not that wide of the mark?

They have come back and said best agreed value they can offer is £40-45k. I have sent them links the the 2 cars mentioned above, plus some other information.

Would appreciate any thoughts contributors here may have?

Ta.
    I now have a Classicline Agreed Valuation Certificate showing a value of £70k for Y1.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Out of interest, what mileage are you two on? Mine's a '96 manual coupe but on 115k...I've got a current agreed value of £35k...wondering if it's a little low now.
    76k miles

Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Out of interest, what mileage are you two on? Mine's a '96 manual coupe but on 115k...I've got a current agreed value of £35k...wondering if it's a little low now.

71K......I reckon I need to have a word with C-L.....what excess have you been quoted?
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

Recently became owner of an NSX after much searching.
    Ended up insuring with NFU, for £176.00. 3000 miles pa. Only stipulation being underwriters wanted another road car as well. Believe NFU have excellent reputation at the claim end.....

My new £200 insurance policy starts today and this year for the first time I decided to try Classic Line but in order to give it its full £40,000 insurance cover they asked for 6 recent photos and an additional £20 for them to check and agree it's value.

I was with Aviva last year and the premium almost doubled to £440 with no justifiable reason, also, when asking what the insurance cover amount would be in the case of an accident the reply was what ever the assessor thought at the time of inspection which I feel would be totally unfair especially if it was badly front and rear ended, therefore looking a real mess.

All insurance companies should take a leaf out of CL's policy with photographic evidence of condition, so at least no ambiguity when it comes to a claim. For this reason I feel much better about my insurance cover.

Incidently, CL also commented on my fantastic undercar LED lighting kit, saying that with them turned on it's true value would be nearer £100k

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3556.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	12762
    Last edited by Pride; 01-12-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    My new £200 insurance policy starts today and this year for the first time I decided to try Classic Line but in order to give it its full £40,000 insurance cover they asked for 6 recent photos and an additional £20 for them to check and agree it's value.

I was with Aviva last year and the premium almost doubled to £440 with no justifiable reason, also, when asking what the insurance cover amount would be in the case of an accident the reply was what ever the assessor thought at the time of inspection which I feel would be totally unfair especially if it was badly front and rear ended, therefore looking a real mess.

All insurance companies should take a leaf out of CL's policy with photographic evidence of condition, so at least no ambiguity when it comes to a claim. For this reason I feel much better about my insurance cover.

Incidently, CL also commented on my fantastic undercar LED lighting kit, saying that with them turned on it's true value would be nearer £100k

I think you misheard, they said 100k Belarusian rupels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think you misheard, they said 100k Belarusian rupels.
    Hold on a minute, .....that's less than £1300!!!!

My LED lighting cost way more than that alone so I'm going to give em a call, just to be sure to be sure.

Thanks Dragonlady
    Last edited by Pride; 01-12-2016 at 05:07 PM.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post

Hi Pride Pleased you recieved a good quote .....so I guess to keep the agreed 100K you will need to keep them all on, good job Christmas is just around the corner

Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    hi pride pleased you recieved a good quote .....so i guess to keep the agreed 100k you will need to keep them all on, good job christmas is just around the corner

kingsley
    oh oh oh!!!! 🎄 🎅
    Pride.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast